PDA

View Full Version : Going camping at Glennifer Lake where to fish ?

Logan
08-16-2010, 09:49 PM
So this weekend I'm going to be camping at Glennifer lake for the first time and was wondering if anyone can give me any advise,I'm fishing from shore just looking to catch anything. Any help would be great.

slough shark
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
I would stay away from the adjoined dickson trout pond, it's covered in algae now for some reason, other that that no real specifics on where on the main lake

nevercatchmuch
08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
dickson is fine for trout. if you go to the boat launch east of the pond there is a good drop off to enjoy glennifer fishing

johnboy27
08-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Fished right from shore at the North Dyke campground this weekend for a night and I probably got about 6-8 walleye ( very small though) and my 11 year old caught his first fish, a decent sized pike. Not too sure about a lenght on the pike as we were just starting to slip him outta the water and the hook pulled about half way straight and popped out of his lip.LOL Looked to be about 2 foot long or so and pretty thin. Just about snapped my sons little 5 foot retractable rod. Looks like I should invest in some better rods for my 2 boys.

TexasTornado
08-23-2010, 10:03 AM
All along the river downstream of the dam

AbAngler
08-23-2010, 10:28 AM
All along the river downstream of the dam

Haha! No doubt!

We've had luck trolling around the little Island and where the river comes into the lake. Not the greatest lake for fishing in my experience.