PDA

View Full Version : Dickson Trout Pond Algae

slough shark
08-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey I took my girlfriend out fishing to dickson pond the other day (because I normally clean up there and wanted her to catch some fish) and I saw something that I have never seen there or any other lake for that matter. The surface was covered with algae so thick you couldn't see the lake bottom in 2 inches of water the film on top was so thick and if you splashed the water aside the water was green. Does anyone know why the lake is like that or what could have caused that (it was clear and blue a month ago) ? Oh yeah the fishing was horrible stayed for a couple of hours and 1 nibble, and it wasn't just me as very few people were catching any :)

nicemustang
08-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Welcome to Alberta.

nevercatchmuch
08-17-2010, 11:12 AM
last year in august it was also pretty full of algae and stinky. Took me ages to clean off my boat after going out in it. It'll only get worse from now till october....

slough shark
08-17-2010, 06:40 PM
oh I'm born and raised in Alberta and been fishing since I was 4 but I have never seen a lake that covered in Algae It was ridiculas it looked like a little slough it was that thick. I've also fished there late in the year before and never seen it like that, some even a fair bit of algae yes but nothing like that