PDA

View Full Version : One last kick at the cat..

jts1
08-16-2010, 10:40 PM
There has been talk of interest in one last blast before we all store the trailers and pack away all the fun summer stuff , and trade it in for fleece jackets and ice fishing shacks.

We have a location in mind down around Highwood House area. The date will be between the 17th and 24th of Sept. I am sorry if this does not work for some But I am using up the last of my holidays to be able to stay out for a week. And it seemed to work for some allready. But it is long enough that it can accommodate most sometime during the week. I am fairly sure from the pre planing that we have a small group already. I understand the campground in question is well equipped and has room for all. But another member here knows more that than I do "If you dont mind Ken"

So lets get the ball rolling. I can assure you that these things get better every time we do one. There are many a member here who will testify to that.

Fishfinder
08-17-2010, 04:09 AM
There has been talk of interest in one last blast before we all store the trailers and pack away all the fun summer stuff , and trade it in for fleece jackets and ice fishing shacks.

We have a location in mind down around Highwood House area. The date will be between the 17th and 24th of Sept. I am sorry if this does not work for some But I am using up the last of my holidays to be able to stay out for a week. And it seemed to work for some allready. But it is long enough that it can accommodate most sometime during the week. I am fairly sure from the pre planing that we have a small group already. I understand the campground in question is well equipped and has room for all. But another member here knows more that than I do "If you dont mind Ken"

So lets get the ball rolling. I can assure you that these things get better every time we do one. There are many a member here who will testify to that.

You boogers are annoying me lol. Plan a trip down here darn it...haha, I only say that cuz I am stranded with a not so highway worthy vehicle but lil woman should b back soon with the roadworthy:)
These gatherings sound like fun fun fun, I'm gonna outfish the lot of ya when u do eventually make your way to around here. HAHA jus kiddn. Do the forks at Taber early spring next year...just a thought. Free camping and a grrrreat spot! JTS, I will bring this topic up next early spring, as you seem to be a coordinater. Would like to meet a bunch of u, and maybe even I will let Wayne hold one of my sturg:sHa_shakeshout:
JK:)

calgarygringo
08-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Jeff
If you have the right days off next week I am off Mon, Tues, Wed and we were thinking of going to my favorite spot out in those parts (you know where that is), feel free to join for a day or 2 or 3. I thought Sandra and I could check out the best for that week while we were out there as well.

jts1
08-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Well I think a litttle recon is in order next week.

WayneChristie
08-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Enlighten us as to the location of Highwood house will ya?

calgarygringo
08-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Yes Wayne in the south even:sHa_shakeshout:
Area is just off Hiway 40 about 40 mins west/south of Longview.
Lots of different places to fish and good ones at that. Only thing is some campgrounds will aloready be closed after the long weekend so we have to be picky. Also have to have room for lots of people. Have some spots in mind.
P.M. me or Jeff if any questions......

WayneChristie
08-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Should be able to make it work permitting, might have a one day weekend at that time.

Albertadiver
08-17-2010, 07:46 AM
....oops. Thought you meant something else by the thread title! :scared0018:

jts1
08-17-2010, 07:54 PM
I m going to head down that direction on my days off 20th - 27th and have a look at some of the spots. Are you free Ken? Might as well get a fish or two while we are there.

Braun
08-17-2010, 08:35 PM
I would definately be down for this and find a way to make it work

calgarygringo
08-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Jeff
We will plan to be camping at Cataract 23,24,25. That is all I have off next week. Join us if you wish for a day or nights too. Anyone else wants to head up I will ben hanging out there next week for 3 days of trout fishing and maybe some extra scouting in order as well....

Rick.
08-17-2010, 11:53 PM
When your down there check out Etherington (sp) campground . Just a bit south of Cataract and it will be open in later September. Lots of room and very little use that time of year. Have lots of fun. I'll be out at the Shuswap gear banging for huge rainbows, lakers and dollies and little kokanees. Rick.

Calgaryguy1977
08-18-2010, 12:02 AM
So is anyone welcome? Myself for example, who doesn't know any of you? No worries though I can fish for like 8-12 hours easy without stopping so I could definately keep some people company....lol. My other question is if I don't have the week off would I be welcome to come down for a day or two to camp?(depending which ones I have off that week)

I haven't camped in sept before but I'm guessing it may get a little chilly in the evenings?

jts1
08-18-2010, 03:40 AM
So is anyone welcome? Myself for example, who doesn't know any of you? No worries though I can fish for like 8-12 hours easy without stopping so I could definately keep some people company....lol. My other question is if I don't have the week off would I be welcome to come down for a day or two to camp?(depending which ones I have off that week)

I haven't camped in sept before but I'm guessing it may get a little chilly in the evenings?

This is an open invite to all members. Come on down for the week , a day ,or just a few hrs. I will be happy to have a campsite waiting for anyone that will need it.

flygirrl
08-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Jst1 are you going to start a new thread when you have the plans in place or do you already have the plans made at this time.
We are talking about the week of Sept 17-25th are we not.

Blame it on old age:sHa_shakeshout::scared0018:

Fishfinder
08-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Jst1 are you going to start a new thread when you have the plans in place or do you already have the plans made at this time.

U should pm him. Rest of us don't care.....at all.

jts1
08-18-2010, 11:55 PM

That is the correct dates yes. I will start a new thread once we have a location set.

Okotokian
08-19-2010, 12:03 AM
one last blast before we all store the trailers and pack away all the fun summer stuff , and trade it in for fleece jackets and ice fishing shacks...

STOP!!!! OMG, it's mid-August and we have hardly had any sort of hot summer.... and you are talking about shutting it down and preparing for winter????? It's like the wife saying after your first child "Well now that we don't have to bother with that "sex thing" anymore..." :sad0147:

Fishfinder
08-19-2010, 12:07 AM
STOP!!!! OMG, it's mid-August and we have hardly had any sort of hot summer.... and you are talking about shutting it down and preparing for winter????? It's like the wife saying after your first child "Well now that we don't have to bother with that "sex thing" anymore..." :sad0147:

what can I say:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:
x2

Okotokian
08-19-2010, 12:14 AM
what can I say:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:
x2

C'mon INDIAN SUMMER!!!!!!!! Daddy needs some!

ooops, is that a racist thing to say? "Indian summer"? that's a good thing, right? LOL

flygirrl
08-19-2010, 05:32 AM
U should pm him. Rest of us don't care.....at all.
Really, I dont need you to make my day. If you dont want to read it dont.
For someone that has no intrest you keep responding.

Fishfinder
08-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Really, I dont need you to make my day. If you dont want to read it dont.
For someone that has no intrest you keep responding.

good point. sorry, had a rough night. will stop being an annoyance.
Cheers.

jts1
08-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Cheers.

Shows a good man who can admit he was out of line. Thank you for the response

flygirrl
08-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Cheers.
Ya, sal-right I typed that at 5:30 in the morning. I guess I was grouchy too.:bad_boys_20:

DarkAisling
08-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Seriously interested in this one. We'll see about booking a motorhome :)

calgarygringo
08-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Come on, this would be a great time to work in that trailer you talked about on the weekend.
Hopefully no snow and lots of warm and will keep you bear proof.......

flygirrl
08-19-2010, 09:00 PM
:sign0007:You said the four letter word calgarygringo ( snow ):sHa_sarcasticlol:

baitfisher83
08-19-2010, 09:12 PM
any September snow is Ken's fault now :lol:

WayneChristie
08-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Maybe we used up all the snow in May :rolleye2: not that Im complaining, since my corn is 9 feet tall and my tomato plants are 5 feet tall right now. something must have worked. :sHa_shakeshout:

jts1
08-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Maybe we used up all the snow in May :rolleye2: not that Im complaining, since my corn is 9 feet tall and my tomato plants are 5 feet tall right now. something must have worked. :sHa_shakeshout:

Tomato plants huh ?? Thats what they all say