PDA

View Full Version : somewhere to take the girlfriend near calgary

sodypop
08-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey guys, new to the Calgary area and looking for a good place to have some sucess with the girlfriend. I don't have a boat and the girlfriend uses a spincaster, so somewhere to get a hook wet from shore would be preferred. Any kinda fish will work too, (she doesn't know the difference haha). Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

whitetailhntr
08-16-2010, 11:05 PM
pine coulee reservoir west of stavely. bring lots of minnows and or smelts and some jigs. fish off the docks at the boat launch and be curteous to the boat guys. you will catch fish. just be aware that walleye are all catch and release.

EZM
08-17-2010, 01:01 PM
If you want to show your girlfirend a good time and have success - have her come fishing with me. Tell her I have a boat and lot's of cold beer. Just kidding .....

Bow river down at McKinnon flats is very good. Upstream from the boat launch area.

gordfishing
08-17-2010, 01:22 PM
bow river at Policeman's is good, if she is a spin caster go CD 7 rainbow or brown trout rapala

sodypop
08-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated

Christofficer
08-17-2010, 03:37 PM
The bow river anywhere seems to be good, the biggest fish seem to be down river towards 22X but there's still lots in the NW city section. You can also try the glenmore reservoir for some pike, best spots seems to be towards the dam. There's also a few trout ponds stocked with rainbows past bragg creek, like mclean. If you wanna fish a stocked pond inside the city, send me a PM and I'll hook you up with directions. It's no secret but it doesn't seem to be heavily fished, so I'm not gonna post the name here.

justin g
08-17-2010, 04:08 PM
check out bearspaw reservoir its right in calgary i was there on the weekend fish were jumping everywhere didnt catch anyhing though haha