PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Large/Jumbo leeches???

tchcont
08-17-2010, 01:12 PM
am looking for about 2-3lbs of jumbo or large leaches for end of month
if you have or no where i can buy some let me know

Thanks in advance

nicemustang
08-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Put and order in at the fishing hole.

gramps73
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Good luck, they are sold out and with all the turnys coming up I would think that they are going to be hard to find...

DANOMAN
08-17-2010, 06:25 PM
my only suggestion is to buy yourself a bucket of gulp alive they have some big 3" leeches in different colors and they look just like the real thing and they work if you buy a bucket don't rip the film they put under the cap put an x mark in the film with a knife because when you peel that film it leaves a glue residue and the bucket leaks.

Chris K
08-17-2010, 08:51 PM
am looking for about 2-3lbs of jumbo or large leaches for end of month
if you have or no where i can buy some let me know

Thanks in advance

This time of year it is always hard to get leeches. THe only advice I can give you is to buy some when they are plentiful and save them until you need them. You would have to change the water and babysit them, but that's about the only way in the future you will have the bait you want when you need it. The suppliers usually get their last shipments the last week of July in typical years.

Chris K

gramps73
08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Why do you need them the north is done for the year...

Chris K
08-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Why do you need them the north is done for the year...

No, it is not done. He probably wants them for the Golden Walleye Classic the first weekend in September. That is the last tournament on the WCWT for 2010.

Chris K

gramps73
08-17-2010, 09:28 PM
I stand corrected..good luck

nicemustang
08-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Yep none at the fishin hole, too bad because normally I'd have a stock of some and now I don't. Oh well, places I fish always is still good with minnows too, so not to worry.

TrollGRG
08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Wasn't there a thread on here a couple of weeks ago from some guy selling and shipping them from the territories?

I just did a search here with no luck. I must have seen it somewhere else - I will keep looking and post it here if I come across it again.

Retired
08-18-2010, 07:44 PM
phone the ESSO in Calmar and the Mohawk in Devon .... I "believe" I saw some there yesterday aftrnoon ... no gurantees .... but worth a phone call

Calgaryguy1977
08-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Pretty sure wholesale sports has them although I didn't check to see if they were sold out tonight. I'm also not sure if they have "jumbo" ones.

Freedom55
08-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm also not sure if they have "jumbo" ones.

Get the little ones and put 'em on your leg for an hour. hahaha. No, don't do that! It could lead to serious infections. Seriously
Better yet, go to an abattoir and buy a fresh beef heart. Cut it into strips that resemble a leech and package them, blood and all, in packs of 10 and freeze them. You may want to share with a buddy as a beef heart is a large unit. Use as many packets as you need in a day and leave the rest at home. The more blood the better so get a fresh one.
Or wrap a slice of liver in a piece of roe-bag netting and put it in with your leeches. This will fatten them up some, but the bloody water will spoil fast and could cause problems with storage at home.
Or make some traps (an aluminium pie plate folded in half over a piece of liver, pinned together, with holes punched all over it, tied to a leader and tossed into a likely place) and look for them in your local backwaters or ponds. Take only 'ribbon' leeches (blacker with only one mouth) and leave the 'horse' leeches alone.
I'm actually having the best luck out my way with a Berkley 'salted minnow' power bait that is ready for the dropshot or a jig. Also the Mister Twister (white) grub on knuckle-ball jigs.

-JR-
08-20-2010, 10:03 AM
There are jombos and there are jombo jombos...if you want jombo jombos go dirictly to the walleye master ,just north of the yellow head few blocks behind whole sale.
He does not sell to the public only to dealers ,but does sell the jombo jombos to the odd fish derby pro.
JR

dave_ca
08-20-2010, 01:02 PM
good luck trying to find any leeches at all..... supplier says they are done for the year