PDA

View Full Version : No Pike... Fully Day of Fishing West of Edmonton?

Need More Fish'n time
08-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I'd put this out there for some input...

I'd like to spend ALL DAY Saturday with a friend who has never caught a fish other than pike...perhaps west of the city. I thought I'd start at Hasse for some stunted perch, move on to Chickakoo for some trout, followed by the Pembina river for some walleye & goldeye...

My friend was cooking for himself the other day and caught two big pike. He ate it all himself over three days for every meal. Needless to say he is sick of pike.... even for C&R.

Any thoughts any idea? We are just looking for a day of action no more than two hours from Edmonton...

Ryan R
08-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone! I just thought I'd put this out there for some input...

I'd like to spend ALL DAY Saturday with a friend who has never caught a fish other than pike...perhaps west of the city. I thought I'd start at Hasse for some stunted perch, move on to Chickakoo for some trout, followed by the Pembina river for some walleye & goldeye...

My friend was cooking for himself the other day and caught two big pike. He ate it all himself over three days for every meal. Needless to say he is sick of pike.... even for C&R.

Any thoughts any idea? We are just looking for a day of action no more than two hours from Edmonton...

Careful with the trout from Chickakoo. I brought home two the other day and under the skin I noticed some red cysts. Pretty gross, but they were nibbling decently.

Where on the Pembina were you thinking? I was out at the Sangudo overpass about a month ago and I had some little nibbles but that was about it.

If you wanted to stay in the city the NSR's a good bet. I don't see too many pike coming out of there, but it depends on if you want to eat the fish and how you feel about them coming out of that water.