PDA

View Full Version : Gull Report

Krisrf
08-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Fished Gull on Wednesday night with a ton of success. Catched lots of pike (over 20 in a few ours) and even caught a walleye while going for pike. Walleye was 24 inches and pike ranged from 9 inches to 34 inches. The magic seemed to be a silver and blue rattl n rap and a fire tiger came in second trolled in about 11 fow with the lures down about 4 to 5 feet.

Glad I got out last night after work for 3 hours or so as the rest of the month looks pretty crazy.

Kris

buddybuckhunter
08-19-2010, 12:38 PM
did i meet you last nite pulling out of aspen boat launch rite at dusk? we had the 1700 lund black and silver

Krisrf
08-19-2010, 01:59 PM
That was us in the white Alumacraft. You looked vaguely familiar to me as well but not sure why (I haven't been to any outings with AO or anything). Here's a pic of the walleye we had caught at nearly 24 inches and the pike at 34 inches.

Jayball
08-19-2010, 02:24 PM
That was us in the white Alumacraft. You looked vaguely familiar to me as well but not sure why (I haven't been to any outings with AO or anything). Here's a pic of the walleye we had caught at nearly 24 inches and the pike at 34 inches.

You pulled THAT pike out of Gull? Wow... great job. From reading the reports here I knew that fishing there was picking up over that past couple of years... but that pike is a big one for gull.

Well done.

Krisrf
08-19-2010, 02:45 PM
I love Gull lake fishing as there can be some surprises. Thanks for the note but there are significantly bigger pike than that in Gull. Last night I had one hit that by the time I had my hand to my drag it had ripped through my line.

Two weeks ago I had one on when I realized my net wasn't big enough. After trying to figure out what to do it decided it wasn't waiting around. I feel that one was over 40 inches (we saw that one clearly - wife told me she wasn't going to net it to which I replied neither of us were...). I feel very strongly, as do many others even on this forum, that there could easily be a record pike in Gull much like Sylvan. Gull has a significant amount of water, is quite warm, and has a whole bunch of forage in the white fish and secondly perch. Gull is very much a bigger version of Newell. For that matter, I figure a record Walleye would not be out of the question at Gull either.

Kris

floppychicken
08-20-2010, 01:20 AM
I must agree with KRIS...

There are some MONSTER PIKE and WALLEYE in that lake! Caught 12lb - 15lb+ pike outta' there on 'consecutive' days and had the best BIG Walleye fishing day of our lives out there as well... Biggest caught was 30 inches long, with many in around the 22" - 26" range. The 30" was IMMENSELY Fat as well...

Cheers,

npauls
08-20-2010, 10:24 PM
I will be trying to make another trip up there for walleye before the ice hits this year and probably a few times during ice and a ton next summer. I fished it august long and had a giant trolling stretch pretty much all to myself. We hammered the eyes. Smallest one of the weekend being 18" and the rest between 23" and 29". I can see some hogs being caught out of there by me if I can put in the time to find them and stay on top of them.

Nate