PDA

View Full Version : Next week trip/Cataract Creek

calgarygringo
08-20-2010, 06:11 AM
If anyone has some time off next week and wants to join up I will be camping out at Cataract Creek from Monday morning until Wednesday afternoon next week. If anyone wishes to come out for a days fishing or camp out feel free to join up as the brookies should be starting to get into hungry mode for the fall.

Ken

Calgaryguy1977
08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I would love to try cataract myself....I've heard awesome things about it. Is this like an open invite for people to drop by and ask you to go fishing? LOL
I have yet to catch an eastern brook trout (in Alberta that is). All I've caught this summer has been a ton of Rainbows, cutties, and Browns.

calgarygringo
08-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Yes this is an open invite. I have done a few guided tours at Cataract as I have been fishing it for 30 years or so. My favorite mountain area. There are lots of other streams to fish in the area as well. Cataract is mostly Brookies and I have caught the odd Rainbow in there though not recently. I led a day trip up there last year and we all caught lots of fish and had a great day. bring a lunch and supper if you wish as well as I have a big stove and Bar b que for cooking if you like. Would not be the first time it turned into a not planned mini gathering of fishing folks.

Calgaryguy1977
08-20-2010, 11:26 AM
What time of day do you usually leave and how long do you fish for? I wouldn't be able to camp but this could make a decent day trip or two perhaps as I could just drive down from Calgary. I have an 8 month old infant at home so staying out all night isn't really an option for me lol.

calgarygringo
08-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Will be leaving 9 ish Monday morning and usually fish late mornings, afternoons and evenings. Usually better fishing when the temps warm up a bit and the bugs start coming out. Will be leaving sometime Wednesday afternoon.

slingshotz
08-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Most likely I'll be coming up on the Monday right after work and try to get in a few hours of fishing, if weather turns real bad then maybe Tuesday instead. Are you staying right in the Cataract campground? Which way to you typically go upstream or downstream in case you're not there at the campsite?

calgarygringo
08-20-2010, 09:48 PM
I will be in the main campground. I always fish upstream hardly ever down. Watch for my truck parked in either of the 2 pullouts just before the Cataract bridge. Check with sandra if I am not there as she does not head up stream so she should be at the trailer.

Ken