PDA

View Full Version : Claiming your TIP Reward

soggysocks
08-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Anyone know how long it takes to hear back about your reward info for turning calling in TIP which led to people being caught?

Starting to wonder cause its been 4 weeks and haven't heard anything back.

Called 310 0000 was transferred to the number for claiming the reward(the one I got from F&W was wrong) Gave them my case ID and just been waiting for sometime now.

Heh I wasn't even aware of the reward when I called it in, but the F&W officer got me all excited for it. Didn't catch any fish that day but at least I will have some pocket lining for a new rod :P

Triple Threat
08-20-2010, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't count on it. they need to be found guilty before you see anything. Even if they are guilty and get a good lawyer they will probaly get off like I have seen.

They were caught cold handed with evidence and they got off with nothing. That is our system I guess.

soggysocks
08-21-2010, 04:29 PM
The officer told me to call for the reward, they were caught red handed with bait and barbed hooks. Didn't have the fish on them but when I went back after they left he was there looking along the shore. I was in my waders so I help him search in the weeds and we found a couple trout in the water. Not sure if they will be prosecuted for the trout but he atleast got them on the bait charges.

hunter49
08-21-2010, 05:28 PM
I got a reward last year, it took about 6 months before the cheque showed up. You should be happy you caught the guys, the money is just a little "bonus". Have patience and good job on calling in those SOB's.

soggysocks
08-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I didn't think I qualified for a reward for what they were busted on. But the officer said he would call me with some phone numbers and a case ID to claim a reward. So sweet, new fishing tackle!!!

Just curious about the process and how long I should expect to hear back from them.

Also a good post to have around incase anyone in the future asks them selves the same questions. And also to say hey! $$$ awaits any of you if you see the same thing.

duffy4
08-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I got a reward for turning in a fellow hunting deer over bait.

I took a picture of a bit of grain on the ground near a tree stand on a Friday. Then returned on a Sunday and there was a big new pile of grain.

The enforcement officer tracked the guy down and after a discussion the fellow said he had put out grain at that location to feed the deer. But he had stopped putting out grain when the season started. The officer wrote this all down. Then showed the fellow the pictures with the dates I had provided.

The guys jaw dropped and he admitted to his lie.

If you are entitled to a reward be patient and it will come. Good on you!

Calgaryguy1977
08-21-2010, 09:55 PM
This is icing on the cake to be honest. First and foremost the *******s are dealth with. What kind of rewards do you get...e.g. what is the range?

ishootbambi
08-22-2010, 09:20 PM
i turned in a dude for killing a mule buck and tagging it as a whitetail. even dead he argued with me that it was a whitetail as evidenced by his white rope like tail. in court he got snotty with the judge agruing that a deer is a deer and he should be able to shoot whatever he wants. that took his likely 400 dollar fine and made it 2000 dollars. my cut was 250 which was promptly donated right back to the fund. i didnt need monetary encouragement to do what was right, but the next guy might, so its good that the program exists. without help from those who care, those who dont would get away with a lot more. good job making the call! :happy0034:

buckmaster
08-22-2010, 10:22 PM
my cut was 250 which was promptly donated right back to the fund. i didnt need monetary encouragement to do what was right, but the next guy might, so its good that the program exists. without help from those who care, :happy0034:Good on you for donating your reward back into the program! I know a few guys that donated the reward back into the RAP program and i would probably do the same thing.

SushiUnagi
08-23-2010, 12:43 PM
They were caught cold handed with evidence and they got off with nothing. That is our system I guess.

Although the opposite scenario but that just reminded me of this one lady who bought a hot coffee via drive-thru @ McDonalds. Decide to keep it in place by holding on it between their thighs. She then accidentally spilt it on herself while driving. Sued McDonalds and actually win...

Another story... a burgler broke in to a garage, stole the car, while driving off got in to an accident. Sued the owner, and got compensation.

:angry3:

SushiUnagi
08-23-2010, 12:44 PM
I got a reward last year, it took about 6 months before the cheque showed up. You should be happy you caught the guys, the money is just a little "bonus". Have patience and good job on calling in those SOB's.

how much of a reward do you actually get? Is it dependant on the # of peeps caught? Or the severity of the incident(s)?

Blah.....sorry... should have finished reading all the threads before asking.

I see someone mentioned $250. Thats good!

Fishin' Fool
08-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I got a $400 cheque for helping nail some poachers at Wab last year.

SushiUnagi
08-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I got a $400 cheque for helping nail some poachers at Wab last year.

wow thats awesome! Did they come right away and catch them right there and then? Must've felt good fighting for justice! :)

Fishin' Fool
08-23-2010, 02:19 PM
wow thats awesome! Did they come right away and catch them right there and then? Must've felt good fighting for justice! :)

If you are interested in the details, here's a link to the original thread I posted when it happened:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=30576

FF