PDA

View Full Version : Bashaw Sports

rugatika
09-30-2007, 08:45 PM
:) Just bought a new rifle from these guys, and thought I should give them a thumbs up on the board. Randy and everyone working there were friendly and helpful. It's a cool old fashioned store (complete with a creaky hardwood floor) to waste a half hour or so while a scope is being mounted.

PS: Winchester model 70 featherweight 300wsm. And she's a beaut.:)

Just believe in giving kudos where they are due.

TreeGuy
09-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Cool! Congrats on the newest addition, Rug! Good luck with it!:wave: Oh, where is this store located?

Tree

rugatika
09-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Booming metropolis of Bashaw. Right smack in the downtown core. Bashaw is about 20 mins south of New Norway. :lol: :lol: And if you don't know where that is it's about 20 mins East of Ponoka or a little NorthWest of Stettler. Pretty good prices and worth a side trip if you're in the neighbourhood.

Elk Bugler
09-30-2007, 09:18 PM
I got a New Rifle from them last spring and agree it is a great place to buy guns and optic's. The service is great and they have they have knowledge to go with it. I would recomend Bashaw sports to anyone.

Donny Bear
09-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Yep Pud and the guys are spot on good service good advise and good attitude always stop on the way to 203:)

Huntnut
10-01-2007, 10:07 AM
i bought a rifle and other supplies over the years from them-can't beat their service and prices are just as good as anybody.

Bushrat
10-01-2007, 12:41 PM
I like the old timey store, bit out of the way but worth the drive.

CaberTosser
10-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Another thumbs up for Bashaw from me. I purchased a Winchester model 70 Sporter in 270 WSM from them around last March or April. I've returned since for other accessories and the small town charm. Found the fellows there to be helpful and friendly, no big city rush or lineup. More inventory than you'd expect as well.

gunslinger
10-01-2007, 06:40 PM
yup 100% agree boys, been buying stuff off of pud for years now and will continue to do so. great store and service,and he ships too without any whining

duffy4
10-01-2007, 09:23 PM
I have been hearing about their store for several years and phoned them once requesting something or other. I was in the neabourhood one day this spring and stopped in. Got brass and bullets for my .284 Win. Like said above a great old time store.

The kind of place that may go belly up as some of the BIG SPORTS STORES move in.

Robin in Rocky

rugatika
10-01-2007, 10:05 PM
I agree with you on that one Duffy. I know we all get googly eyed over talk of a new Cabelas or BassPro, but it seems quite often you get the best service and usually pretty decent prices at the small stores that are privately owned and operated.

Whenever possible I like to try and give my business to a company that provides good service where you can actually talk to the owner and deal with someone that appreciates your business.

It seems to me that a lot of the people working at these big box stores could give a fig leaf if you bought something from them or not. In fact, more often than not it seems as if you are inconveniencing them by shopping there.

stubblejumper
10-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I have bought several rifles and a shotgun from Pud,as well as a fair amount of powder and reloading supplies.As much as I enjoy having the large variety offered by stores such as Cabelas,I will continue to support the smaller stores whenever possible even if it does cost me a little more.To me the personalized service is worth it.If so many people didn't buy all of their ammunition and supplies from Canadian Tire or Wall Mart to save a few dollars a year,many more of the smaller stores would still be open.

FallAirFever
10-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Stopped by there about a month ago, after hearing about it on here. I loved it as soon as I walked in it reminded me of walking into my grandpas front porch. Something about the smell and old time feel. I almost tripped when one of the guys asked me if I needed any help. There was a young guy in there with his grandpa looking at shotguns and buying his tags, his grandpa insisted on paying. I am sure stuff like that happen in wholesale too but it just fit so perfect for the setting. If you have not been there it is worth the side trip. I bought some shell and a couple other things I really did not need just to show some support. It woud be a shame to lose a store like this to the big box boys.

catnthehat
10-02-2007, 05:53 AM
I've bought severl of the rifles we have raffled off from Pud, as well as some wierd ammo like my 9.3 bullets.
He also has stuff like odd sized ammo boxes that you can't seem to find anywhere else.
Nice store, and i also agree that if more people were to patronize the smaller operator there would be more of them around.
Cat

roger
10-02-2007, 06:02 PM
In Bashaw its ok to park in front of the bank and pull out your rifle and give it the once over and thats considered 'normal'. nobody even bats an eye
my wby, 17hmr, tnz 22, defenders, handguns, binos, scopes, knives, the occasional brick of bullets....well basically, ive paid for his kids to go to college..its hard to leave the store without spending at least $300 a visit.
Randy is a good alberta redneck, so most of you would see level with him
plus ya gotta love his number 1-780-372-(44-40)
try and get there by 0900hrs otherwise it busy's up fast