PDA

View Full Version : how does a alberta outdoorsmen camping weekend sound

theduke
10-01-2007, 01:35 AM
hey everybody, was just thinking we could have a camping weekend for everybody on the bored living in alberta. maybe sometime in the spring. saying in the spring becuase some of you guys out there with kids, it could be a lil cold in the winter for the young ones, but i think its a good idea, and a good way to meet everybody on this bored too, or to make it easier there could be a a trip for the ppl in the south part of the prov. and the north if we all cant meet in one place. what do does everybody think bout the idea yay or nay?

BigRackLover
10-01-2007, 07:19 AM
nay

Tuc
10-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Duke sounds like a great idea.

Here's another suggestion, if this thing were to fly why not do it annually on New Year's Day and rent a group camp ground. It doesn't have to be a camp out, even a day thing might work. (or both)

A bunch of us guys that use to quad together did this every New Year's Day. Some of us volunteered to organize it, the gals would phone around and find out who was coming (how many) and tell everyone what to bring. It always eneded up being sort of a pot luck supper deal but we brought along the BBQ's for burgers, steaks or whatever extra's anyone wanted to bring. It was great fun, most of the guys (and some of the gals) ended up going for a quad ride in the afternoon. Usually most of the gals were content to stay back at camp and get acquainted with one another and keep the fires stoked in the main cookhouse. It was warm, cozy and someone always brought their propane salamanders for added warmth if we needed it.

We'd have to find some neutral ground or do two...... one for the south and one for the north. Anymore thoughts???

Okotokian
10-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Kids? KIDS???? This could be a fun weekend, but I also think it would be a burping, farting, gun and beer fest. I would come, but wouldn't let my wife or kids within a hundred miles of it! :lol:

Lethalconnection
10-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Kids? KIDS???? This could be a fun weekend, but I also think it would be a burping, farting, gun and beer fest. I would come, but wouldn't let my wife or kids within a hundred miles of it! :lol:

Yah i dont think it would be for the weak spirited :lol: I think it would be fun though

Rackmastr
10-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Not if there was an airhorn involved.....(Morb/Brady)

Morbius131
10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah we should leave the air horns or any obnoxious noise makers at home. Oh wait that would mean that Brady couldn't come...:tongue2:

Morb

Rackmastr
10-01-2007, 02:28 PM
LOL....I keep tellin myself that it was the cough medicine.....that damn elk/stag on the label!!!

Roughneck71
10-01-2007, 03:28 PM
sounds like a great idea! id like to meet some people on here! the nova scotia hunting board like this have a weekend camp out and skeet shooting. good time. hope it happens

mud slug
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
sounds like fun theres a lot of nice spots that would be central for every one i now my offroad club gets together every summer and whitewater rafts the reddeer river thats a blast

theduke
10-02-2007, 01:36 AM
will im in for spring, might even have my quad by then too, could be a fun weekend, if anyone knows a place with some good quad trails too that could be an option could be a trail ride weekend too ride all day and camp some where for the night then go again. its a good reason to use some of your toys guys that havent seen much use lately lol, and i guess some of use may not want some of our spouses and kids to see what u where like before she married some of ya lol (just kidding; maybe?)

German
10-02-2007, 04:35 AM
X 2 Nay.

Brady
10-02-2007, 04:58 AM
That's it.........the air horn is sooooooooooooooo in. I will have to get a new one though, I wonder why that would be????????????? (Rack????????????????) LMAO Oh and make sure there are no chairs higher then 18 inches off the ground..........someone gets a little wobbly after, half a beer. (Morb) LOLOLOLOL:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Nationwide
10-02-2007, 06:28 AM
hey everybody, was just thinking we could have a camping weekend for everybody on the bored living in alberta. maybe sometime in the spring. saying in the spring becuase some of you guys out there with kids, it could be a lil cold in the winter for the young ones, but i think its a good idea, and a good way to meet everybody on this bored too, or to make it easier there could be a a trip for the ppl in the south part of the prov. and the north if we all cant meet in one place. what do does everybody think bout the idea yay or nay? That sounds like a good time count me in .:D

Northern_Hunting_Mom
10-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun, if any females are allowed that is.:innocent:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/JZwicker/Jensmug.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/JZwicker/raiseemright.jpg

Or worse, female kids!!!

German
10-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Hmmm, I might have to reconsider.:innocent: