PDA

View Full Version : Wondering if theres any,

Graffy91
08-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Sorry new on the forum, but a avid fisherman, don't normally fish in alberta though. Usually a Saskatchewan boy, but i recently went to Slave Lake, was unbelieveable. Went to Tobin last year, have never been more dissapointed in my life.

Anyways, im wondering if anyone knows of any sorta pike place outside of Edmonton. No boat atm, in Saskatchewan, just looking for a shore fish. Wanting to take my little brother out for the day. Just looking to catch a few. I am also interested in Trout, but i avoid Hasse, because whenever I go there its just way to packed, takes away from the fishing.

Anyone wanna help me out here with a pike pit, or a trout lake?

Thanks,
Matt.

Graffy91
08-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Im not looking for any honey spots, just a lake. Dont need any direct places, just lake names. Please?

Retired
08-22-2010, 08:27 PM
for trout ... try East Pit ( hy 16 west to wabamum.. north 1 km from overpass) ...

FishingFrenzy
08-22-2010, 08:47 PM
For pike i like Coal Lake, south of leduc but im not sure how the shore fishing is... If you had a boat its good for tons of SMALL pike! The NSR can be good for pike but i normally fish it for walleye, There's a guy on these forums called Geezle who knows lots about pike fishing the NSR. I've also heard Wabuman has good shorefishing for pike but I have never been. I've also been to Jackfish by stony plain and its decent in a boat but again, never shore fished it. If i were you and you wanted to get into some serious fishing around edmonton pick up a Prowler electric trolling motor from Bass Pro (Best bang for the buck!) and a small aluminum or inflatable. A whole setup would run you between 400- a few thousand depending on what type of boat you go with and if you buy some things used.

Tight LINES!

Graffy91
08-22-2010, 09:11 PM
As i said my boats in Saskatoon, and i cbf to take off my 50hp Yamaha motor, i do have a trolling motor on it, a electric min kota, but i cbf to take off gas one for that. I just wanna take my little brother out for a little fishing, is East Pit okay for trout? I dont care about size, well he doesnt, but i do a little. I probably wouldnt eat them, just wanna have a nice day. Are there any pits that are off the highway, unnamed? I remember my dad and me were around hasse back about 10 years ago, and just driving along backroads, when we stopped at this rocky place, really muddy, lots of vegitation, so we decided to throw some rapalas on, and cast. Sure enough, first cast real in, pulled out a 8lb jack. I totally forget where this place was.

Dak1138
08-23-2010, 08:16 AM
you can try muir lake (north of spruce grove) for some larger rainbows.but there is a bait ban and size restriction to what you can keep. if that does not work out you can drive 10 minutes west to chickakoo for stocked brooks and rainbows.saure is also located just south of chicakoo about a 3 minute drive depending on where you parked.

firegod74
08-23-2010, 02:13 PM
we have a little pike lake up here at Slave. I wouldn't eat the fish that come out of it myself, but every cast gets you a foot and a half pike. I think if a guy could get to the middle there may be some giants, but you would have to get a hook big enough that the little guys couldn't swallow.

Graffy91
08-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Hmm, I wanna go fishing for salmon with my uncle in October, but i got my senior year. And might take a trip out to muir, i hear its pretty good. Yeah i wish there was a little pike hole somewhere out here, over at Canoe Lake is saskatchewan we know of a sweet honey hole, pops pulled out a 22 lber.

FishingFrenzy
08-23-2010, 02:39 PM
As i said my boats in Saskatoon, and i cbf to take off my 50hp Yamaha motor, i do have a trolling motor on it, a electric min kota, but i cbf to take off gas one for that. I just wanna take my little brother out for a little fishing, is East Pit okay for trout? I dont care about size, well he doesnt, but i do a little. I probably wouldnt eat them, just wanna have a nice day. Are there any pits that are off the highway, unnamed? I remember my dad and me were around hasse back about 10 years ago, and just driving along backroads, when we stopped at this rocky place, really muddy, lots of vegitation, so we decided to throw some rapalas on, and cast. Sure enough, first cast real in, pulled out a 8lb jack. I totally forget where this place was.

Sounds like Mayatan, Possibly Mink. Both pike lakes that apparently have okay shore fishing! Hope you get a chance to catch some fish!

Graffy91
08-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Just google mapped Mayatan, i remember being on township road...

I also remember entering the place, there was a no tresspassing sign though, haha. Dad just wanted to catch some fish because we got skunked at Hasse after 5 hours of sitting on a packed dock.