PDA

View Full Version : Slave Lake,

Graffy91
08-22-2010, 11:31 PM
http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/ancientsmom/slavelake.jpg

Me and my little brother after he pulled this guy out for his first fish ever.

Was there about 3 weeks ago for a week, and at the begining of July, caught insane amounts of walleye the whole time. Pulled out 107 60+ walleye in 4 hours, i couldnt believe it. We stayed at Norms Walleye camp water level was extremely low, getting outta the river where the weir is was a agonizing 15 minute ride, but once your out hang a right, and fish along the beach. We were pulling in 65+ers there, only in 9 feet of water. We tried our luck around dog island, found a 29 foot drop off, huge boys at the bottom, pulled out a 75 cmer, let em go to get bigger. I was also disgusted in the pike there. I only caught 5 pike in the whole week i was there, and they were all less than a foot long. They smelt like pickeled eggs too, haha. I went with the old man, and little brother. Bottom bouncers, they practically bit anything. We ended up running out of worms, and power bait, so i made my own spinner, because my final one snapped, i put heiniken beer tabs off the cans on it, a corona bottle cap, dual hook barbless ofc, with a white jig, a black leech jig, chartreuse jig, and a elastic band for laughs, ended up pullin a 69 cmer out. Overall, Walleye fishing 10/10. Definitely going back next year with the old man.

BrownBear416
08-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Great Fish and Beauty pic...

Graffy91
08-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Ha, thanks man. :D

Tom Pullings
08-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Please post up a pic of the spinner you made!

Graffy91
08-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I did not even think about taking a picture of it :(.

I wish i would have now.... But when i make my spinners i use trilene 35 lb test on the spinner line, 2x barbless eagle claw hooks, beads, anything shiny, or painted. I was surprisingly impressed when i pulled out walleye with the bottlecap spinner, haha. The funny thing is my uncle caught a pike on his spinner with a cigarette butt on the hook, hahaha.