PDA

View Full Version : Nice Brown for my son

Beekahs
08-23-2010, 09:49 AM
I've been fishing the Bow with my son for a few summers now and with the advice from some of the members here have gradually improved to the point where we rarely come home skunked. These trips have become a father / son thing and has grown into an important part of our relationship. As many of you have stated it isn't only about catching fish. This season has been a bit of a struggle for my son though as the fish he has caught have been smaller in size or would get away due to no fault of his own that I could see. Last night was the exception. We headed down to the river around 8:00 and walked to pathway to a particular spot we had discovered in the spring. Along the way we saw numerous small frogs hopping across the path and a small vole, probably brought out into the open by the large hail storm earlier in the afternoon. We talked to a couple leaving the area who had been fishing that stated they hadn't caught anything and were frustrated with the weeds. We felt a little more optimistic as we were told to try floating Rapalas to stay on top of the weeds and that the browns become more active after the sun sets. When we arrived at our destination we noticed that the storm had dirtied the water considerably and wondered what effect this would have on the fishing. We fished for about an hour without a single hit and were about to consider the evening a nice walk by the river when son hooked into a nice brown. He was patient and careful, even when his line got hooked around a rock. The fish was reluctant to come to shore and would take short runs whenever he brought the fish close to shore. It was great to see him work the fish carefully even though I could tell his heart was racing. He eventually got the fish to shore where we measured it (20 inches) and took a quick picture. He then gently revived the fish until it gently swam away. It was getting pretty dark by then but we fish a little longer until the excitement wore off and we headed home with a great story and memory. :sHa_shakeshout:

gvelarde
08-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Hi, that is nice catch! where you were fishing, I have a small daughter exited to go fishing but I dont find any easy spot to go with her, we live in the SE.
Thanks!

Gumbi
08-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Nice Fish!

Rockymtnx
08-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Congrats to the boy on a great Brown.

gramps73
08-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Congrats to the young fellow, smile says it all
g73

ULTRAlite
08-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Very nice fish for the boy - contrats

go-big-or-go-home
08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
nice lookin fish young fella, i havent even landed a brown like that yet hhahahaha

walleyechaser
08-23-2010, 05:08 PM
very nice brown, congrats