PDA

View Full Version : planning a trip

Braun
08-23-2010, 10:18 AM
looking for a lake or even a river to fish where we can go camping. we usually head out early early one morning, fish and camp. then fish the next day and head back. we have done the upper K twice and spray was a terrible experience again which would be the 3rd bad time at spray. It would be nice to have a shot at some bigger fish. any suggestions on lake / camping locations?

WayneChristie
08-23-2010, 05:59 PM
What kind of fish do you want to catch?

Braun
08-23-2010, 06:45 PM
I am not extremely picky. and i dont think my lady is either. Like i said, we just like the experience of being out and fishing and hiking. we loved Upper K cause the hike around the lake was awesome and the water was clear and we saw lots of fish and took some cool pictures. Fish we havent yet caught this summer but would like to are brookies, *bulls*, lakers. We havent been out for walleye yet either. But ultimately we just just like trying new places. more about the experience than anything but we still do want to have a good chance at seeing some fish. We would like to at some point this summer hook into a big fish of some sort. That has more to do with us and our luck than anything but we would still need to fish lakes where that is possible

Calgaryguy1977
08-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey man check out this site......I, like you, have been planning a similar trip only I dont think my GF and infant son would want to go....lol.
Click on the different lakes on the left hand side of the page.

http://www.outdooralberta.com/albertarockies.php

Braun
08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
my girlfriend loves fishing. hell she is good at it too. its not uncommon for her to outfish me sometimes. If anyone asks i just say that its because i give her the good lures to use in the good spots. lol. semi true. i do set her up with my first choice of lure to use and i will set myself up with something different but from there on its all her and she does well. she is also sometimes the one who says. lets go fishing tomorrow. i love it

Calgaryguy1977
08-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Holy jeebus....does she fix your car and do your taxes too? LOL
I didn't know they existed!

Braun
08-23-2010, 08:28 PM
i checked it out and there are some interesting lakes posted but i was kind of shock how basically everything is cutthroat only. i am assuming that is largely cause they are stocked and that there are very few naturally breading lakes in the rockies. I need a slight breather from the cutties i think. especially those stocked ones but there are definitely some lakes posted there that are on my to be visited list. I wouldnt mind fishing for cutties in a river sometime.