PDA

View Full Version : Spring Lake

Ace
08-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Has anybody been to Spring Lake lately? Are the perch still bad, or any trout being caught?

How much to they charge to get in and launch a boat?

Thanks
Ace

Ace
08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Hmm...so, I phoned Spring Lake to find out how much they charge to access the lake and to launch a boat. They said they no longer provide public access and it's only available to RV users.

So, why do my tax dollars and my fishing license fess go towards a trout stocking program that I have no access to?

Does anybody know who I could talk to to discuss this?

Thanks
Ace

springfisher
08-24-2010, 11:57 AM
i am sure i could line up a launching of your boat but the pearch are so out of hand that i dont even bother fishing there anymore. The largest rainbow i have seen this year is 3 lbs, a long shot from 3 years ago. i would suggest hasse or star.....unless you like 4 inch pearch on your line every 30 seconds. untill the lake winterkills or gets killed off the days of 8lb or more 'bows are over

Ace
08-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually interested in Spring because of the availability of perch. My son is 2 1/2 and we were at Hasse in my canoe a couple weeks ago catching perch (his first fish). But, now that they've stopped stocking Hasse, I was hoping to catch a few trout in the midst of the easy perch for my boy.

I'm definitely considering Star, but I don't know how the boat launch is (I want to take out my inflatable I just bought). Can I back my trailer in without getting stuck?

I figured if Star was not possible I would drop in to Spring as they have a nice launch. But, like I said in my last post, it annoys me that I pay into stocking the lake, but can't have access to it.

Ace

diesel777
08-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Hi ACE, Star does not have a good boat launch. Their boat launch consists of a tiny mud hole people usually have to wade into. I used to go to spring a lot but like you have gotten frustrated at the fact there is no access. What you need to do is make a trip up there and go to a few doors on the weekend and network. You see, i would rather pay a home owner 5 bucks to let me on the lake via his property than to give it to the grounds keepers. I have a feeling that a trout unlimited representative has scratched someone's back and they're trying to make that lake a trophy trout lake, like muir lake. only time will tell. There are some very nice people who have homes and/or cottages there that have allowed me access. I even set myself up with a guy who allowed me access to the lake as often as I wanted during the hard water season. Good Luck! hope you find what your looking for.

italk2u
08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
If you are really serious about wanting to fish Spring, check this out, especially the part about unlimited access to the lake.
http://edmontontrout.ca/membership.php

Gumbi
01-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Can u acces this lake in the winter?

waterninja
01-14-2014, 09:32 AM
ace, if you are serious about spring lake pm me and i will give you all the info. you need .
bottom line is join the edm. trout club for 35.00 a year and enjoy all of the facilities year round. you can even store your boat there.
as for our tax dollars aereating the lake they justify it by having a few walk in trails that the peasents (i mean public) can use for access, but it is a long hard slog with next to no parking.

Fishmaster
01-14-2014, 10:41 AM
There's a few access points to this lake if your coming of stony plain trail and take the hasse lake spring lake turn of follow the road you'll turn left and cross the train tracks nd you will see village of spring lake take the first right go down to stop sign take a left nd quick right then your next left go down the hill take your next right nd there is a gate you unload there nd park your truck straight ahead of gate there is parking.

Gumbi
01-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Cool, Thanks!