PDA

View Full Version : Fishin Hole sale this week! What are you buying?

FishingFrenzy
08-23-2010, 07:21 PM
I just remembered that The Fishin Hole is having their big sale this week and i was just wondering what everyones planning on buying? For me its just gonna be some lures/terminal tackle but who knows, if there's a smoking deal on a flyrod or med-light spinning rod i might make an impulse buy ;D.

Tight lines!

Calgaryguy1977
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
O RLY....why did you have to tell me this? LOL
If I spend another dollar on fishing stuff i'm probably gonna get my junk cut off. What kind of sale are we talking about here?

Braun
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
holy **** i forgot about that. when does it start. i just snapped my favorite/primary rod this weekend. and i also need some new gear.

harrydude
08-23-2010, 09:02 PM
my wife just said oh really..............

is that a good thing?

Warren77
08-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm buying alot of everything.

FishingFrenzy
08-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Sale is 25-28! Being single really is the way to go some days....
For everyone thats married, BUY LOTTERY TICKETS.

harrydude
08-23-2010, 09:36 PM
wifey says she wants to go as well..........

good for me..............

we were at Bass Pro saturday.....got her a new tackle box...he needs to fill it

and I got a way bigger one too..................

Game on

ArtVandelay
08-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Sale is 25-28! Being single really is the way to go some days....

I wouldn't have it any other way. Fish 5-6 days a week (I've often done 7)...buy all the sh*t you want :rolleye2:

Drop by and say hi if you're at CVR tomorrow. Oh no that's right, you won't!

Just kidding guys! I'm buying a G.Loomis, if they're there. Don't know what model yet.

Geezle
08-24-2010, 06:46 AM
I'm not really looking for anything specific there...I'll probably stock up on consumables (terminal tackle) and if I come across a good deal I'll maybe grab a new reel and/or an ice fishing tent :)

I could maybe use an UL setup as well :thinking-006:

FishingFrenzy
08-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I wonder if boat anchors will be on sale.... could use one for my inflatable.

DarkAisling
08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Sadly, I'm buying nothing.

*sigh*

nicemustang
08-24-2010, 09:12 AM
I'll be buying the farm like usual. Stock up on rig parts, hooks, lindys parts, floats, blades, weights, jigs, power pro, flouro, etc... Plus I need a new trolling rod for lakers and pike since my last one is busted. Plus maybe a hefty ice rod for the big lakers for my nothern sk trips.

Braun
08-24-2010, 09:48 AM
nicemustang, i think you should take me on one of those big laker trips this year

nicemustang
08-24-2010, 10:12 AM
HAH! 28 hour drive from here to waterbury in the winter....and you need a lot of gear and equipment to make it happen. Have a skidoo?

Braun
08-24-2010, 10:19 AM
that would be a negative......... nevermind........ ha

s_erickson
08-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I see tonnes of you guys posting that your breaking rods and need to get them replaced. Is there something your doing to void your warranty or am i crazy in thinking that the company i buy mine from will actually follow through with it when mine eventually does break (haven't had a problem yet)

nicemustang
08-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Well guess you never stepped on the rod tip and acidentily broke it. And the rod i broke is old hand me down, and definitely not on warranty.

Braun
08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
ya mine snapped in half casting a buzz bomber and the line got snagged on the not connecting my braid to my backer mono. a few casts before the girlfriend lost a lure and about 100feet of braided line on what must have been a tree at the bottom of spray lake(we wont get started on that). the whip from the snag on the knot in the reel shifted the top peice and snapped the part off that goes into the bottom peice. it was an old rod and i knew it was getting weaker in some areas and that just did it in.

Darren N
08-24-2010, 03:06 PM
The sale itself is EVERYTHING on sale from 20-50 percent off. Usually the stuff you want or need will be the 20 percent, but still a good deal none the less. The question always remains at these sales... Is it a WANT, or NEED?

FishingFrenzy
08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh noooo, im gonna be so broke after this sale. STILL paying for my new mountain bike.........

My plan is to leave the credit/debit cards at home and to take the amount of cash i want to spend, then i cant spend too much :sign0176:

ghostguy6
08-24-2010, 03:42 PM
I called them today and I was told generally everthing is 25% off except discontinued models which may be up to 60% off.

slingshotz
08-24-2010, 04:25 PM
The sale itself is EVERYTHING on sale from 20-50 percent off. Usually the stuff you want or need will be the 20 percent, but still a good deal none the less. The question always remains at these sales... Is it a WANT, or NEED?

Unless you fish to catch food for yourself or you'll starve, everything there is a want. That being said I really really want a lot of things, I'll have to restrain myself. Last year I resisted the 20% off Sage rod that was $700, I hope I can do it again this year :D

Geezle
08-25-2010, 06:29 AM
I called them today and I was told generally everthing is 25% off except discontinued models which may be up to 60% off.

Nice...sounds like it'll be pretty much the same as it was last year :)

Last year I was just getting re-started with fishing and needed a lot of stuff but I was broke. Now this year I've got money in my pocket, but there's nothing that I really *need* :sHa_sarcasticlol:

gramps73
08-25-2010, 06:50 AM
I read that the Calgary sale does not start till tomorrow:happy0180:
Just kidding will be there at 9

SushiUnagi
08-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Anyone know if they carry the voltaeus rods? I couldn't find a trace of it on their site :\

ericlin0122
08-25-2010, 01:15 PM
just spent over $300 today. thinking of getting more stuff later....
thanks God... there is only one sale every year.

nicemustang
08-25-2010, 01:33 PM
They do not carry voltaeus rods. Not many ugly sticks either.

Braun
08-25-2010, 01:40 PM
i just spent 300.

Fenwick 6'6 Medium action with a fast tip (my new baby)
- Quantum catalist reel
Quantum optix 6'0 Medium(on the lighter side) with a fast tip (part of a bday gift for the gf)
- mitchell avocet
about 400yards of braided line
2x berkley lightning rod medium ice combo
St.croiz light ice rod

i havent even gotten lures yet although ive been asked to give a list of things i want for my birthday (next week) and i think i will just do my lures and misc. stuff on there.

nicemustang
08-25-2010, 03:42 PM
At the calgary store they have side stabs 2500 size for 40% off of $40 ish. Good reel for its price, even though it's discontinued. A good all around basic reel for anyone that wants one.

I spent $300 as well.

DarkAisling
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
You people are killing me.

I will not go to the Fishing Hole. I will not go to the Fishing Hole. I will . . .

wildman
08-25-2010, 04:28 PM
got my U-boat last year + high end waders.
great chance to get those very pricey items!!!!
this year, maybe new fly rod + reel? hmmm....

slingshotz
08-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Woohoo I did it, only spent $10 there on some leaders and a lanyard! Only problem now is that I'm drooling over the Fish Cat 10IR, a trolling motor, gps unit, underwater camera systems and some fly reels. Damn it I want a cash flow, not a cash flood and drought in my bank account.

Anyone here use the Fish Cast stand up version and can comment? Please tell me it's terrible and leaks all the time ;)

FishingFrenzy
08-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Can't make it there until friday.... Hope there's still stuff left :thinking-006::mad0030::angry3:

buckmasterjr
08-25-2010, 07:10 PM
I went there today. i got a quantum energy pt 10 spinning reel and a fenwick hmg 6'6".

timsesink
08-25-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm stuck in Nordegg right now fishing for Cutties and Rainbows so I guess I'll miss out :)

mudbug
08-25-2010, 08:40 PM
I need some braided line after losing two hooks and leaders using spiderwire at Wabamum today :sign0176:

greylynx
08-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Is the Fishin Hole the only store in Alberta that cleans their inventory out every fall.?

Any retail business person knows that inventory can kill your operation.

I won't mention any names of Alberta stores that keep trying to sell one or two year old items.

gramps73
08-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Let me tell you i sure helped with the clean up
7' G Loomis lindy rod
6' G Loomis Jigging rod
New Q Energy reel
Vantage and 898c Hummingbird fish finder

been saving all year for this sale and boy did it go quick

Always tomorrow

g73

Geezle
08-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Well, as expected I spent more than I'd planned on. I bought a Shimano Sidestab 1000 that I almost literally pounced on as soon as I saw it (40% off!) and then I fought with myself a little and ended up caving and I also got a Shimano Saros 1000F (also 40% off!) and loaded the 3 spools with Firewire.

There were a couple other little items that I wanted to pick up (and I still might before the end of the sale) but after the two reels I kinda ran out of the store before I bought anything else I didn't need :scared0018: :lol:

buckmaster
08-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Well, as expected I spent more than I'd planned on. I bought a Shimano Sidestab 1000 that I almost literally pounced on as soon as I saw it (40% off!) and then I fought with myself a little and ended up caving and I also got a Shimano Saros 1000F (also 40% off!) and loaded the 3 spools with Firewire.

There were a couple other little items that I wanted to pick up (and I still might before the end of the sale) but after the two reels I kinda ran out of the store before I bought anything else I didn't need :scared0018: :lol:

Dont feel bad Jay. I spent $500.00 in a hour of being there.Some awesome deals though!!!

nicemustang
08-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Let me tell you i sure helped with the clean up
7' G Loomis lindy rod
6' G Loomis Jigging rod
New Q Energy reel
Vantage and 898c Hummingbird fish finder

been saving all year for this sale and boy did it go quick

Always tomorrow

g73

You have too much money.

Geezle
08-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Dont feel bad Jay. I spent $500.00 in a hour of being there.Some awesome deals though!!!

Yikes! And I thought I was in good shape leaving there spending around $200 :lol:

boot
08-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Wicked sale! Picked up a bunch of stuff. Anyone know if their boxing day sale is similar (i.e. everything on sale?)? Might have to start saving up again... hehe.

DarkAisling
08-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Wicked sale! Picked up a bunch of stuff. Anyone know if their boxing day sale is similar (i.e. everything on sale?)? Might have to start saving up again... hehe.

I was told by the manager of the Calgary store that their second best sale is Father's Day.

boot
08-26-2010, 01:24 PM
I was told by the manager of the Calgary store that their second best sale is Father's Day.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

AB RANGER 007
08-26-2010, 04:22 PM
:thinking-006: 25% off Garmin Mapping Software :sHa_shakeshout:

Bruce.

FishingFrenzy
08-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Walked in their today, Relized i could easily spend my lifesavings if i stayed longer than 5 minutes so i grabbed a few lures and left. only spent 12 bucks but i got everything i need to finish off this years openwater season. The saving were RIDICULOUS!

Fordman150
08-26-2010, 05:18 PM
spent over $100 on some more lures, line and a rod and reel combo. so tempted to take the plunge on some fly fishing gear.. help......:sign0068:

Fordman150
08-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Pulled the mastercard out and got a couple of fly rod combos for me and my son. Some accessories and now I'm close to $500 dollars lighter in the pockets. Can't wait to get out and give it a try. Any tips and suggestions are welcome as always..

fishmania
08-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Picked up a light spinning rod and a reel for it(not a 10 size that I wanted as they didnt have any mid priced ones)but a small 20 size to go with the light rod and some braided line at 40% off for my bait cast reel.
Under $90 not bad

needmoretoys
08-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Got an I-pilot for $130 off. Been waiting all year to get one. Can't wait to try it for fall walleye!

gramps73
08-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Got an I-pilot for $130 off. Been waiting all year to get one. Can't wait to try it for fall walleye!

Thats a steel, they are great to have.

Steven Noel
08-28-2010, 09:40 AM
If anyone happens to be at the Edmonton 97th street location look for the teen in the orange shirt, and attempt to help him restrain himself from empyting his bank account.

DarkAisling
08-28-2010, 02:06 PM
$542.26 later it is all Mudbug's fault. I've had a little devil whispering sweet nothings in my ear over the last few days about the sale.

One Super Fat Cat U-Boat, the pump for it, the straps for it, three Dipsy Divers and three Pink Ladies, plus two bad @$$ Uglies to use as downrigger rods (for the boat I will own by next summer).

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_bKySdrQ8G1M/THltQpnz7qI/AAAAAAAABos/BwmYJOXXO0Q/s800/IMG00050-20100828-1316.jpg

Got the Super Fat Cat because my eldest boy is over 220lbs . . . not because I am! :lol: I forgot that I'll need fins or something for it. It will be nice to play around in the potholes with it :)

EDIT: I will add that I got really peeved off in there, too! The guy (someone I've never seen before) that was helping me with the rods asked me "What kind of reel will HE be using with them?"

:mad0177:

The boys/men in my life will use whatever reel I put on the darn things if they're going to be using them!

I hate that. I really hate that. That has been said to me twice (once in another store . . . a local fly shop).

Geezle
08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
From this:
Sadly, I'm buying nothing.

*sigh*
To this? :lol:

$542.26 later it is all Mudbug's fault. I've had a little devil whispering sweet nothings in my ear over the last few days about the sale.

One Super Fat Cat U-Boat, the pump for it, the straps for it, three Dipsy Divers and three Pink Ladies, plus two bad @$$ Uglies to use as downrigger rods (for the boat I will own by next summer).

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_bKySdrQ8G1M/THltQpnz7qI/AAAAAAAABos/BwmYJOXXO0Q/s800/IMG00050-20100828-1316.jpg

Got the Super Fat Cat because my eldest boy is over 220lbs . . . not because I am! :lol: I forgot that I'll need fins or something for it. It will be nice to play around in the potholes with it :)

EDIT: I will add that I got really peeved off in there, too! The guy (someone I've never seen before) that was helping me with the rods asked me "What kind of reel will HE be using with them?"

The boys/men in my life will use whatever reel I put on the darn things if they're going to be using them!

I hate that. I really hate that. That has been said to me twice (once in another store . . . a local fly shop).

What happened Shelley? :lol:

DarkAisling
08-28-2010, 02:33 PM

Mudbug happened. Seriously.

But, in all honesty, I mentioned that I wanted a U-boat, and I received encouragement to buy one from Mudbug (who I've never met in person, but who am I to reject encouragement?).

I've been thinking about one for a couple of months. I wasn't sure if I wanted one of those or a pontoon boat. Flygrrl talked me out of a pontoon boat, and since I've got a canoe and will have a fishing/family fun boat by next summer the pontoon boat was a little excessive anyway.

The u-boat will be great fun I think :)

Since I had lakers on my mind (thanks, Ruger!) I decided that some trolling gear was in order.

I have serious impulse control issues, and I may be a little too open to suggestion. :o

Geezle
08-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Mudbug happened. Seriously.

But, in all honesty, I mentioned that I wanted a U-boat, and I received encouragement to buy one from Mudbug (who I've never met in person, but who am I to reject encouragement?).

I've been thinking about one for a couple of months. I wasn't sure if I wanted one of those or a pontoon boat. Flygrrl talked me out of a pontoon boat, and since I've got a canoe and will have a fishing/family fun boat by next summer the pontoon boat was a little excessive anyway.

The u-boat will be great fun I think :)

Since I had lakers on my mind (thanks, Ruger!) I decided that some trolling gear was in order.

I have serious impulse control issues, and I may be a little too open to suggestion. :o
And I thought I was bad going in for some small stuff and coming out with 2 reels! You've got me beat hands down when it comes to impulse control :lol:

And those U-Boats do look pretty cool...:cool:

DarkAisling
08-28-2010, 03:31 PM
And I thought I was bad going in for some small stuff and coming out with 2 reels! You've got me beat hands down when it comes to impulse control :lol:

And those U-Boats do look pretty cool...:cool:

You have a wife to keep you in check. I don't ;)

Here are some action pics of the boat:
http://www.flyfishusa.com/float-tubes/pac-66s.htm

The straps to carry it on your back don't come with it, they need to be purchased separately (and those are the straps I picked up).

Geezle
08-28-2010, 03:36 PM
You have a wife to keep you in check. I don't ;)

Here are some action pics of the boat:
http://www.flyfishusa.com/float-tubes/pac-66s.htm

The straps to carry it on your back don't come with it, they need to be purchased separately (and those are the straps I picked up).

Nevermind the wife...she only knows about the Sidestab...not the Saros :innocent: :scared:

Man...after looking at that page I totally want a U-boat now...I'm sure I could stuff one of those in the back of the Jeep! :evilgrin:

Steven Noel
08-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Did much better then I expected, left the store (much to my distress) at a not-so-bad total of 77.93. Included some flys (at a steal of 75 cents per), a new fly box, some trilene, gink, and a few no.8 len thompsons.

The only difficulty I had was dragging myself away from a good pair of chest waders and wading boots, totaling many times the total I ended with. I cried a bit inside, but I left the store without them.

Albertafisher
08-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I wonder if boat anchors will be on sale.... could use one for my inflatable.

I lost my boat anchor in BC last week :(

slingshotz
08-29-2010, 10:42 PM

Woohoo, you bought the float tube! I was sooo close to buying that exact one at the sale on Friday but instead got the Outcast 10 IR pontoon boat with a trolling motor. Was very tempted to buy the tube as well but restrained myself to only buying one boat at a time. So if you ever want to borrow a pontoon just ask, I might need a return favour...hint hint :)

DarkAisling
08-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Woohoo, you bought the float tube! I was sooo close to buying that exact one at the sale on Friday but instead got the Outcast 10 IR pontoon boat with a trolling motor. Was very tempted to buy the tube as well but restrained myself to only buying one boat at a time. So if you ever want to borrow a pontoon just ask, I might need a return favour...hint hint :)

:lol: Unless otherwise engaged, you are welcome to borrow it. :) I don't have flippers yet though. It weighs around 12lbs (a little more than my purse :o). I think it should be pretty easy to hike in to places a pontoon boat is too heavy for. Flippers for the lovely Mrs. Slingshotz might be a challange, since she's so tiny. But my flippers (when I get them) would probably work for you, too.

tacklerunner
08-30-2010, 12:33 PM

From this:

To this? :lol:

:sHa_sarcasticlol: Lol. Oh Shelley, you're a funny girl. Don't worry, you could have spent it on shoes or something like most women do. You rock!:kap:

jts1
08-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Dark I have some flippers that would fit the son might be big for you. This your boy I was shooting the bow with?

DarkAisling
08-30-2010, 01:44 PM
:sHa_sarcasticlol: Lol. Oh Shelley, you're a funny girl. Don't worry, you could have spent it on shoes or something like most women do. You rock!:kap:

And, I prefer science fiction and fantasy movies to romantic comedies!

I'm a total girlie/non-girlie paradox . . . my "play" money goes on tackle, cosmetics, and manicures.

Dark I have some flippers that would fit the son might be big for you. This your boy I was shooting the bow with?

Yup . . . that's the one: the one that dry fired your bow. :o