PDA

View Full Version : heavy bass (music, not the fish species) on the boat

castaway
08-23-2010, 08:16 PM
This past weekend we went to Sask Landing to camping my my g/f's friends. One of the guys had a pimped out $60,000 boat equipped with a pretty crazy sound system & huge subwoofer on it. Some of the people fishing complained that the loud music & heavy bass from the sub was scaring the fish. He said the heavy bass attracted the fish not unlike what a Rattlin Rap' does. Not too sure if I'd compare a Rattlin' Rap lure with Alice in Chains pumping out of a mammoth subwoofer on a boat but what do I know? Any thoughts on this one?

WayneChristie
08-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Ever go to a petstore and see the signs on the aquariums that say do not tap on the glass because it disturbs the fish? :thinking-006:

Goater
08-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Ever go to a petstore and see the signs on the aquariums that say do not tap on the glass because it disturbs the fish? :thinking-006:
And you end up tapping on the glass anyway!!!

Bushrat
08-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Neighboring fishermen were probably more ****ed with having to listen to your music. Why is it some people have to impose their noise on others who go out to have a nice peaceful fishing trip and end up with their day spoiled by having to listen to some boomboat blaring away nearby.

WayneChristie
08-23-2010, 09:31 PM
And you end up tapping on the glass anyway!!!

its like wet paint signs, you just have to see for yourself. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

castaway
08-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Neighboring fishermen were probably more ****ed with having to listen to your music. Why is it some people have to impose their noise on others who go out to have a nice peaceful fishing trip and end up with their day spoiled by having to listen to some boomboat blaring away nearby.

For the record, it wasn't my music or my boat blaring the music.

TreeGuy
08-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Threads like this one are the reason potato guns were invented. :)

pikergolf
08-24-2010, 12:42 AM

X2