PDA

View Full Version : Back from Buck lake today

Retired
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM
was out at Buck Lake (Drayton) today ... wind was strong... we had to launch in town and fished the bay. Picked up 13 walleyes and 15 perch in 5 hours.... all in all not bad ... 1/2 a dew worm worked just as well as a minnow...

hoss2
08-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi there I fish Buck lake often with sucess catching walleye and pike but hardly ever get a perch. do you have any tips. i usually use a jig and minow or bottom bouncer and spinner rig with a worm. thanks and good luck.

Retired
08-23-2010, 11:23 PM
we were using a small 1 inch grub ... white with a red dot... 1 inch of dew worm ...on a slip bobber (small bobber) ... fished 6 inches off the bottom ... drift with the wind (no problem finding wind today)... picked up both wally's and perch on this ... we fished directly across from the town boat launch in 8 feet of water ... by the way.. we hold the worm on with our special attachment ... a small bit of elastic band... due to the barbless hooks... works like a charm ...

slipbobber
08-24-2010, 01:58 AM
How big were the perch that you caught? Used to be some good ones in there.

flygirrl
08-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Small piece of your plastic grub works to keep the worm on also....

Mayhem
08-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Would the launch in town be suitable for an 18' aluminum?

I-Love-Eyes
08-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Would the launch in town be suitable for an 18' aluminum?

Yes. Its a really nice launch.

Retired
08-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi ... back .... firstly the perch were 10 to 11 inches ( by way of walleye mesure method)... a great size for a nice fillet..... secondly to the comment above...a piece of grub works But I found a nice flat piece of eleastic band was firmer and looked like a piece or worm ( my opion.. never got an answer back from a fish)... as for that "ugly" launch in town ... it's GREAT if you have a large boat with a truck ... you can back into the water... try that with a 14 foot lund on a trailer behind a sedan... my rear wheels were in the water and the boat was not touching the water .... we just pulled ahead and pushed the boat off on the edge .. then pushed in the water ... so for a larger boat , hopefully you have a truck...