PDA

View Full Version : Nice Guy at the Bow

GoodFisher
08-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I was with my family at the Bowness Park last Thursday and noticed a guy fishing with great success in the bow river. I couldn't help but come over to chat during his break as I am a novice freshwater fisherman and I am absolutely overwhelmed by the bow river. Never once caught a fish there!

He gave me a lot of insights about fishing this challenging river and he also handed me a couple of flies to try out. Too bad, in my excitement, I forgot his name. Just want to show my appreciation with this post. Still lots of nice fishermen out there willing to share their knowledge of this great sport of fishing! Thanks a lot!

Darren N
08-24-2010, 02:54 PM
I knew of another fly fisherman stranger that handed me out a fly to try as he seen I was struggling, and I had the insight to ask how he did it. I thought that was cool, and since then have passed that onto other novices when the opportunity arrives for me to do so. PS - never got his name either.

ULTRAlite
08-24-2010, 03:22 PM
just gotta pay if forward - I've been given many a fly, and this year I gave out quite a few.

Braun
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
just gotta pay if forward - I've been given many a fly, and this year I gave out quite a few.

your picture is hypnotic. i keep waiting to see if the big bad eye catches one of those little guys.........

jesse34567
08-24-2010, 05:40 PM
your picture is hypnotic. i keep waiting to see if the big bad eye catches one of those little guys.........

that is a Large mouth bass haha

Bill L
08-25-2010, 07:36 AM
There are still some very nice people out there