PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Mines lake- "shore-fishing"

Mr. Wilson
08-24-2010, 06:26 PM
My wife want's me to take the family down to beaver mines before it freezes, its a beautiful place to fish.
does anybody know what the rainbows are biting on???:fishing:
Being a shore fisherman..... Any hot tip's about good spot's would also be GREATLY appreciated!:test:

I LIKE TROUT EH!

airforce2
08-24-2010, 06:46 PM
i was out there last weekend and i tried everything marshmellows, worms, fake grubs on spinners, pickeling rigs and didnt get a bite on any thing.
but some people were getting bites on the pink marshmellows and popcorn.

from what i heard was when they restocked to lake a couple of weeks ago a large number of fish died for some reason so the numbers may be down

Mr. Wilson
08-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Maybe we'll wait until there is some ice out there and drill a hole or two...:thinking-006:
Pink marshmallow's eh, I just threw out all of my powerbaits. Never tried popcorn before, tried kernel's though. Creamed corn is a little tricky to rig on a bait rig...:tongue0017:

ishootbambi
08-24-2010, 10:30 PM
my wife was getting them pretty steady a couple weeks ago just a little southwest of the dock in front of the campground. there is a big sandbar out from shore right where the little trickle of a creek flows in. wade out to the weeds where it drops off and chuck small flashy spinners. color didnt seem to matter.

Guitarplayingfish
08-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Ice fishing ALWAYS produces more in that lake in my opinion, but your best option from shore would be pink popcorn, marshmellows, powerbait, worms. Like someone just said, Spinners are always a good choice.

Scott N
08-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Flies usually produce at Beaver Mines. You can use one of those adjust-a-bubble type bobbers and use flies like a black #10 wooly bugger, or about a size 14 nymph such as a pheasant tail nymph, gold ribbed hare's ear, or a prince nymph.

Mr. Wilson
08-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Flies usually produce at Beaver Mines. You can use one of those adjust-a-bubble type bobbers and use flies like a black #10 wooly bugger, or about a size 14 nymph such as a pheasant tail nymph, gold ribbed hare's ear, or a prince nymph.

Thank's for the fly suggestion's, I think I might start a Fly-Inventory list for all of the place's I go.
Still a whole lot green with regard's to flyfishing, eager to learn though.

Thank's for the suggestion's!