PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Area Pothole Trout Lakes

Trout Addict
08-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was just curious if anyone has been out exploring Hasse, Star, East Pit, Muir or Chickakoo in the last two weeks. I heard a horrible rumor that Muir had summer killed, not all but some of their trout.

It's getting close to that magical time of the year for Water Boatman to return and lay their eggs which is one of the most exciting fly fishing times of the year.

Any reports or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

biggamehunter
08-25-2010, 06:12 PM
yeah beamont fish pond sucks!

Trout Addict
08-25-2010, 07:39 PM
I hear yah, I quit going after last years frustrations

Retired
08-25-2010, 09:47 PM
I live in the Beaumont area ... that pond has been flat for 3 weeks ... was at East pit last Wed... picked up 7 and lost 4 (C & R, all on dry flies ) ... was there all day on the south side ... not bad but not great... was at Cardiff today and picked up 3 this morning ... hardly a fish was jumping ... slow as heck ... picked all up on nymphs .. stoped by Mornville on the was home... the guys there said it was very slow ... same story a Cardiff... hope this helps..

RedFisher
08-25-2010, 09:53 PM
yah cardiff got hit really hard every weekend for the last 2 months... its pretty rough and when i did catch one it wasnt big... hasse well the pike have been taking alot of the trout.. there are some left but there numbers are going down fast... st. alberta pond... slow... east pit my buddy went to caught a few but nothin big....

lduerksen
08-26-2010, 08:30 AM
chickakoo last night, fish were jumping all over but only one bite on a dry fly

Dak1138
08-26-2010, 08:52 AM
i tried something different yesterday morning at hermitage and caught one on a sinking rap and another on a fat rap (well i lost one right at the shoreline). this morning they were not interested in those or the kamlooper and panther martin i tried.