PDA

View Full Version : PLine Fluorocarbon 'coated'

SushiUnagi
08-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey guys!

Wanted to try out a fluorocarbon line and noticed this pack of flurocarbon 'coated' lines (P-Line) retailing much cheaper than the other brands. Fishing hole for $11 bucks + 25% discount now..so around $8 or so for 300 yrds of 8 lbs test.

Wanted to see if any of you have tried this brand and if so, any comments/feedbacks on it?

If you have used this and other more expensive brands like the berkleys or spiders, etc., what are the differences? And are the differences quite noticeable/substantial? Is it worth twice or three times the price?

Even from the packaging, I can tell its not 'true' flurocarbon as it doesn't say it is flurocarbon anywhere... it only says flurocarbon 'coated' on the front and fluoropoly or something like that on the back. Maybe its a mono at heart?

Anyone can shed some light?

Thanks all!
Sushi

Braun
08-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Pline line i will buy. i love it. i use braided line and use Pline as a leader. Before i used braided i used strait Pline. doesnt have much of a memory and it is slightly thinner than compairable lines. i always get the moss green color and it is virtually invisible in the water.

Rainbow
08-27-2010, 02:20 PM
I started using P Line about 5 years ago.
I love it,and it is the only line I use.
Cheers............Rainbow

nicemustang
08-27-2010, 02:35 PM
It is not florucarbon, if that is what you want. Basically just high priced mono.

jeprli
08-27-2010, 03:05 PM
its a mono line coated with fc to achieve better abrassion resistance, nothing fancy but a very good line.
Also worth mentioning is seaguar red label fc, same price but thinner and stronger, no memory.

Berkley, spiderline, trilene, stren and others in that price range are very conventional, waaaay too thick for declared strenght along with horrible memory.

If i have to use a line stronger than 8lb i opt for braided ones.

DANOMAN
08-27-2010, 03:16 PM
I used p-line for the first time about a month ago and it will be my last time it left this green gunk all over my new Mitchell reel and its sticky like glue almost ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so what did i do? I peeled all the line off and threw it in the garbage where it belongs ,,,,,,for me only reason i bought this crap was they didn't have any power pro so from now on for me it's power pro or nothing...zip nothing! No power pro no fishing!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Braun
08-27-2010, 03:25 PM
I used p-line for the first time about a month ago and it will be my last time it left this green gunk all over my new Mitchell reel and its sticky like glue almost ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so what did i do? I peeled all the line off and threw it in the garbage where it belongs ,,,,,,for me only reason i bought this crap was they didn't have any power pro so from now on for me it's power pro or nothing...zip nothing! No power pro no fishing!! :sHa_shakeshout:

thats weird. never happened to me or any of my 3 reels

pikester
08-27-2010, 03:30 PM

Dano, you must have bought the P-line Halo not the Fluoroclear. The Halo is not as good a line plus it does come with a mist green coating which can come off; just a sales gimmick I think. The original P-line Fluoroclear is an awesome line, I have been using it for 5 yrs now & haven't found a mono or pure fluorocarbon line that can outfish it! I have landed pike up to 28lbs with it & have no issues. I also have one of my tip-ups strung with 15lb P-line Fluoro going on 3 seasons now with the same line & have caught pike up to @ 27lbs with no issues either. Also all the walleyes I have caught while ice fishing (which is only about 5!) hit the P-line tip-up only.

Braun
08-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Fish are pretty!

Braun
08-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Fishing is cruel. It hurts the fishes lips.

jeprli
08-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Danoman if you have issues with colour peeling off i don't really see how powerpro is going to help as it leaves even more residue on guides and reel! wax that is!

There are loads of better lines out there, only thing is how much money are you willing to spend. Can't wait till seavuar TATSU comes to calgary stores...pricey YES about $50 for 300yds.

Braun
08-28-2010, 08:15 AM
what the hell...... i think my girlfriend was on my account and writing posts like in this thread...... trying to make me look retarded

gramps73
08-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Like mustang said it is just a coated line, but as for the comment on expensive i must disagree. I use this line on my lindy and my jigging rods both for turny's and fun fishing. Best buy for the money on line these days..

by it you will not de disappointed..

Paul C
08-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Berkley owns the patent on the manfacturing of this line. I spent a month testing the p line and found that line does reflect light resulting in visibilty in the water. My business sells only sells berkley fishing line.
The line is expensive because of the special machinery used to make the line.
Cheers and Happy Rainbow Hunting:character0110:<@))<><><