PDA

View Full Version : Andrew lake

Warren77
08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Has anybody ever been to this lake. I saw the ad on the adverisements on this forum.

70chevy
08-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Get a hold of abhunt,he just got back from there,sounded like they had a great trip

Darren N
08-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I was there about 8 years ago on a bussiness trip with our company. Was not bad set up at the time. Good fishing. Large yellow spoons (somewhere around 6 inches long that take up your whole tackle box) or your basic big yellow five of diamonds, all spin cast trolling from your boat. Big Lakers and certain areas tons of pike. we went into a bay where the pike were sitting and had a contest if we could bring in our hook to the boat before a pike would grab it. You have to get to Ft. Mac and then a few hour plane ride to the lake, and then they boat you to the cabins. I went mid summer and the sun did not go down untill 3:00 am. That day I fished for about 16 hours, then played crib for about 6 hours after. Man was I wiped the next day.

Warren77
08-27-2010, 03:06 PM
That sounds pretty good. I was gonna go up during winter. They have a deal on ice fishing. So from Ft.Mac it's still a 3 hour plane ride???

Darren N
08-27-2010, 03:28 PM
That sounds pretty good. I was gonna go up during winter. They have a deal on ice fishing. So from Ft.Mac it's still a 3 hour plane ride???

I remember it being around 2 hours. I was in a smaller 4 person plane and the main group was in an 8 person plane, and I think they got there in under two hours. I might be slightly high in the estimate but not to much. The lake basically borders Alberta, Sask and NWT.

Warren77
08-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the info Darren. I thought that 3 hours might be a little long from Ft Mac,thats all.