PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Trail Edition 500 Honda

Doc Holiday
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Title says it all folks... anyone ridin one? Have an '01 Ruby, just lookin to update is all. Like the GPS option, also adjustable rear shocks.... anyone wanna comment on this bike? Dont wanna hear about yer grizzly, or bombie, just was comparin to the Trail edition... not to be rude.:D

Skinnydipper
10-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I have an 04 400 AT and the 05 Rubicon 500 Canadian Trail. There is certainly no comparison in comfort between these two quads. The trail edition is very comfortable "for a straight axle Honda". It does not compare to the independent
anything else as expected.
Typically Honda reliable and adequate power with the low range.
As for the use of the GPS, do yourself a favor and buy a handheld with some capability. These GPS units are so basic that they are really only good for a backup in case the first one fails.
Fire away with any specific questions if you have:ashamed:

Doc Holiday
10-02-2007, 09:17 PM
hmmm... see... I can get a heck of a deal from Montana... like save 2K, just heard the Trail Edition was a wee bit better.... yer thoughts skinny.

Skinnydipper
10-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I suspect that the suspension improvement is noticeable but not too sure if it would be 2K worth. If it was just the GPS that was different, I would save the 2k for sure and buy a handheld Garmin instead.

Tuc
10-03-2007, 11:43 AM
I drive the 06 Rubicon. Just bought it 'new' in late August. To be honest with you I can't see a whole lot of difference between it and my 04 Rubicon. Maybe a little more power and that could be my imagination.

I agree with skinny on the GPS and still use my garmin etrex. I have an adaptor and mount for my front rack so it is mounted and running whenever I'm using the quad.