PDA

View Full Version : lower red deer river

boonedocks
08-29-2010, 09:19 PM
I am going to be in the lower red deer river area(close to Sask. border) at the end of september. Does anyone have any experience with the walleye fishing in this area?Tips? I see in the regs that there is no bait (other than maggots) allowed and that its catch and release.Thx.

castaway
08-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Are you sure you read the right part of the regs? I will be fishing around the same area and from the Tolman Bridge to the border the walleye limit is x3 and bait is allowed. Maybe I've got it wrong:confused:

bowspinner
08-30-2010, 08:03 AM
light colored crank baits work well or if the river is a little muddy a len thompson 5 of diamonds works well too....

good luck

boonedocks
09-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Are you sure you read the right part of the regs? I will be fishing around the same area and from the Tolman Bridge to the border the walleye limit is x3 and bait is allowed. Maybe I've got it wrong:confused:Thanks Castaway, I probably should have read both paragraphs of the regulations before I went asking questions.Rookie mistake:snapoutofit:.Looks like I need to pack along some minnows,leeches, etc.Trophy antelope,archery mule deer AND walleye fishing.