PDA

View Full Version : Livingstone..

jts1
08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I am going to head down and spend the first of Sept slinging the old fly rod on the Livingstone. Anyone been down there as of late that could give me a report? Have room if anyone is looking to tag along.

jts1
08-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Hmmmm the more I sit here I think about heading out to the Nokada Lodge and going after a 10lb Rainbow. Oh well it will be on or the other if someone is looking to tag along.

highwood
08-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Late Aug/Early Sept can sometimes be tough there expecially for the larger fish. Make sure you bring some smaller drys as the cutts are pretty well educated by this time of year. As an aside, some nice fish have been coming out of the upper old man between the gap and the trunk road bridge. The bulls are also running so bring some sink tip. Might be worth a flick or two...

Cheers,

highwood

jts1
08-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Thank you for the info But I think I have decided to head to the Nokoda Lodge with the pontoon boat and try my luck at a monster rainbow. Got an email from a friend saying he had a 10-12lb rainbow on the line the other day got it up to the pontoon and with the quick shake of its head out come the fly and down she went. I would be off that pontoon and swimming right behind a cow like that. I would trade the wife for a 12lb rainbow. However I am still open for a tag along

Fordman150
08-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Just going into my 4 nights tonight... sucks after two weeks off.. Would love to go.. I bit the bullet and bought some fly fishing gear for me and the son at the fishin' hole Friday. PM me your schedule for the next while and maybe we can set something up.. Newbie needs help...

jts1
08-30-2010, 01:23 PM
You bet man. Glad to hear that you got a fly rod , You will never look back. Work whats that? Just came off a week holidays , worked the last 2 nights. Now today was the first day of my 5 days off. Operators,,,,, Got to love the job. How did you make out the other day? Get a few hammer handles?? In Sept I have off...

1,2,7,8,9,10,11,12,17,18,19,20,21,27,28,29,30th LOL

Fordman150
08-30-2010, 01:44 PM
You bet man. Glad to hear that you got a fly rod , You will never look back. Work whats that? Just came off a week holidays , worked the last 2 nights. Now today was the first day of my 5 days off. Operators,,,,, Got to love the job. How did you make out the other day? Get a few hammer handles?? In Sept I have off...

1,2,7,8,9,10,11,12,17,18,19,20,21,27,28,29,30th LOL

Nice schedule.. some relief after working like a dog for the last few months i bet.. I'll look at my schedule tonight and get back to you. Kids are back to school this week so I'll have lots of time on my days off. I'll be in touch..

No luck at Chestermere. Drove by the south wier but the son was worried about the no trespassing signs so we fished near the Tims on the other side. Quite a few weeds as expected so he used his scumfrog and had something jump and strike but didn't connect. He was still excited about it. We then hit the fishin' hole and the rest is history (fly rods etc...)

jts1
08-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Did you get the one we were lokoing at?

slingshotz
08-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Damn, I would love to get out too and try the new pontoon. Be nice to have someone experienced the first time out to tell me all the things I'm doing wrong :lol:.

I'd go out after work but spending $25 for a few hours of fishing is a bit steep.

ULTRAlite
08-30-2010, 04:14 PM
What do you use for the hogs at Nokoda? Large streamers?

jts1
08-30-2010, 04:20 PM

You bet and what ever the hatch is at the time. I love an olive lech on the sinking line , float around the edges real slow on the pontoon and hopefully hang on.

ULTRAlite
08-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Sounds like a blast - really wanted to get out there this summer but haven't gotten around to it yet. Is there just the one lake or is there a couple? Do you have to call ahead or just show up at the door?

jts1
08-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Just the one lake and its show up and fish. With a 25.00 a day charge mind you. But its worth it if you ask me That cost will chase away 99% of guys. So it leaves me on the lake alone

ULTRAlite
08-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Just the one lake and its show up and fish. With a 25.00 a day charge mind you. But its worth it if you ask me That cost will chase away 99% of guys. So it leaves me on the lake alone

Exactly what I was thinking :happy0034:

5Weight
08-30-2010, 05:34 PM

I fished in there in the fall of '08 with a guide and learned a lot. We were filming an episode of 'Fins and Skins' with Henry Waszczuk. We started the day using backswimmers and leeches but had little luck for the first couple of hours. About late morning they started to rise, and that's when I had my first experience with a chernobyl ant. Having never fished one before, I raised my eyebrows when the guide handed it to me, but holy. It no sooner hit the water on my first cast did I have a good fish on. They hammered that sucker all day long and I probably out-fished Henry's boat 3 to one (I was in the camera boat). Henry and his guest on the show were using some sort of little cahill-ish thing. I guess he didn't want to be seen on camera chucking a big hunk of foam???

On a side note, it was very interesting to watch the edited show a few months later. When they did the score for the day's fishing, they showed Henry catching 9 fish, but I doubt if he caught 5. No wonder he always seems to win the competition on that golf/fishing show! :)

ULTRAlite
08-30-2010, 05:38 PM
it was very interesting to watch the edited show a few months later. When they did the score for the day's fishing, they showed Henry catching 9 fish, but I doubt if he caught 5.

Sounds like Henry :P

Good to know - I love chuckin' foam!

WayneChristie
08-30-2010, 05:38 PM
I would trade the wife for a 12lb rainbow.
whats that worth in Mooneyes? :thinking-006::sHa_sarcasticlol:

jts1
08-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Thank you 5Weight I will toss a big ol ant and a few hoppers and see what I get. Will let ya know.

Fordman150
08-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Did you get the one we were lokoing at?

sending you a pm!!!

Steven Noel
08-31-2010, 08:31 AM
I would trade the wife for a 12lb rainbow.

I've got one on the wall on my basement. 27"

Call and we'll discuss the swap.