PDA

View Full Version : A little Persistance, A Bit Of Luck

.millartime.
08-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Ive spent the last three days trying to catch my first ever bull trout. I did some research and did some looking around and finally found a spot. Beautiful deep pool after a waterfall. standing on top of the falls you could see atleast a dozen bull trout swimming in the pool. From what i have heard bulls are fairly easy to catch as long as you get on top of them. WAS I EVER WRONG!!!! i speant three days around 8 hours a day in this pool throwing everything in my tackle box at these guys and NOTHING!:angry3: wouldnt even budge! I threw every size rapalla every size spoon jig streamer panther martin you name it. I was getting quite frustrated. i could have literaly netted them. Than last night i tried a small jig with a soft body jig that looked like a rainbow trout. and WHAM first cast caught a approx 6lb bull! great feeling and beautiful fish. And for the remainder of the night i caught 7 more bull trout. Great feeling solving picky fish!

T.Gunns
08-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Nice work! Thats what fishing is all about.

Rick.
08-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Good on you. I've stood at the falls and seen the bulls and could not get a fly down to them quick enough. Too much current for my heaviest buggers. Later the same day I got a nice one on a hopper. Go figure. Rick.

nicemustang
08-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Sometimes you gotta go through all of your tackle box to figure it out. Good job.