PDA

View Full Version : Small 12v deep cycle battery

slingshotz
08-31-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm looking for a small 12v battery for the trolling motor that is kinda portable. Most of the deep cycle batteries are at least 26 pounds so not really that portable. Ideally I want something that can give me a few hours of running time but small so I can carry it and the trolling motor easily, I'm not needing something that will last a weekend.

I've been googling around and haven't really found anything like that. I think a little sealed scooter battery is probably what I need but I don't know for sure if they will work with a 30lb trolling motor.

If anyone has a good battery source to ask in Calgary please let me know or any other suggestions. Thanks.

Albertadiver
08-31-2010, 05:54 PM
If you're in Calgary, Battery World are a good bunch of guys. They'll know best.

mustardb
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Get a wheel chair battery from CDN tire. form factor is small and may fit your needs. Not a deep cycle but a gel filled, spill proof, AGM battery. takes a long time to charge because you shouldn't go with any more then 10 amps (if I am remembering right) with your charger, but lasts forever.

PoorTurtle
09-02-2010, 08:43 AM
i have two batteries from a fire alarm panel that work great for me. they are about 6"x8"x6". one will last a few hours for sure.