PDA

View Full Version : Alaska to Vancouver, home, now to the Sunshine Coast in the morning

Kingfisher
09-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Well the wife and I went for a cruise to Alaska. Had some great weather up there. Got some fly fishing in at Ketchikan. Caught 13 pinks and one chum in a couple hours.

Got back to Seatle on Sunday. Drove to Vancouver and went out on the Frazer River with a buddy on his jet boat on Sunday. Had a great trip up the Frazer River. Had a BBQ on the Harrison River. Fished for a while on the Harrison. Caught one cuthroat and one white fish. Headed back to the Frazer. Caught a 4 foot sturgeon. Just a baby by the Frazer River standards.

Back home Tuesday night. Picked up the dogs. Now were off to the Sunshine Coast for a week. Going to try for some salmon and maybe some sea run cuthroats on the fly. Should be fun.

See ya'll in about a week. I'll post some pics when I get back.

Rob

WayneChristie
09-01-2010, 07:13 AM
sorry to hear you are having it so rough Rob, hope things pick up for you :sHa_sarcasticlol:

DarkAisling
09-01-2010, 07:23 AM
:lol: Wayne!

Nice to know someone is enjoying his summer. Mine has been a write-off (all work and no play).

Can't wait to see pics of the Harrison and the Fraser, Rob.

Fishingnutter
09-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Well the wife and I went for a cruise to Alaska. Had some great weather up there. Got some fly fishing in at Ketchikan. Caught 13 pinks and one chum in a couple hours.

Got back to Seatle on Sunday. Drove to Vancouver and went out on the Frazer River with a buddy on his jet boat on Sunday. Had a great trip up the Frazer River. Had a BBQ on the Harrison River. Fished for a while on the Harrison. Caught one cuthroat and one white fish. Headed back to the Frazer. Caught a 4 foot sturgeon. Just a baby by the Frazer River standards.

Back home Tuesday night. Picked up the dogs. Now were off to the Sunshine Coast for a week. Going to try for some salmon and maybe some sea run cuthroats on the fly. Should be fun.

See ya'll in about a week. I'll post some pics when I get back.

Rob

Go to Hopkins Landing and fish between the wharf and the ferry from shore, lotsa Sea run Cut throat, still some big chum lumbering about. Porpoise Bay in Sechelt is still good for Coho,, MacLean Bay.

iliketrout
09-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Can't wait to see the pics Rob!