PDA

View Full Version : Trade-a-Trip: Canmore/Banff Area

Charles_Sim
09-01-2010, 09:01 AM
G'day All,

I'll be in Canmore/Banff area Oct 9-15, I was wanting to get out for a half day or two of fishing, and figured that best way for it to be a successful trip would be to hook up with a local.

I'm a very experienced angler, and can offer a return trip should you ever get to eastern Ontario. I can usually get on some really good smallmouth bass and largemouth bass around here, www.charlessim.com.

Drop me a line!

LOL... sound like a personal ad... I like long walks on the beach, and a warm fire place!:D

Charles

ÜberFly
09-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Charles,

Are you looking to fly fish or chuck gear?!

Peter

Krisrf
09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
What are you hoping to target? How far are you willing to go from the Canmore/Banff area? Preference for fishing style (as already asked)? That should help a bit... With how the weather is changing the question maybe should be something to do with ice fishing though... errrr..

Kris

bikerman
09-01-2010, 06:07 PM
If you are willing to spend a full day I will take you to float the Lower Bow for trout, about 1.5 hrs from Canmore just south of Calgary. Just be ready for any kind of weather here at that time of year.

Charles_Sim
09-02-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm really open to doing either, chuck and wind or fly.

The offer for the float trip is extremely generous, and very intriguing. Let me get back to you on that as this is a tenth anniversary trip, so I'm not to sure about deserting the wife for a full day, and living to tell the tale! Although, a float on the lower Bow should be on my bucket list. I spent six months in Calgary 15 years ago, and was fascinated by the Lower Bow however due to my life situation at the time, I was limited to busing to the Bow at Glenmore(I think), or walking to the Elbow.

I was also debating doing a guided trip in Banff, looks like I can do it for $280, or two guys for $320... I might look for a second guy to split the cost of that.

jts1
09-02-2010, 07:16 AM
My email has been a little messed up. Did you get the email I sent you with locations?

Charles_Sim
09-02-2010, 07:38 AM
No I didn't, I'll drop you a line.