PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - Walleye or Trout in Edmonton Area

EZM
09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Any suggestions on what lakes are hot for Trout or Walleye around Edmonton now in Early to mid September?

Here's the deal;

1) Would be nice to keep (eat) a few
2) A place (not shallow mud slide) to launch my fishing boat
3) 2hrs drive or less would be nice
4) Not Pigeon Lake (ate my 3 tags)

I am a bit tired of Pike fishing - I can trade some good "top secret super spots" if someone wants to land 30-40 pike/day with several in the 8-14lb consistently.

buddybuckhunter
09-03-2010, 09:29 PM
going to lake isle in the morning. driving from red deer to visit my sis she lives in seba, should be some walleye biting i hope. will be fishing in a lund 1700 pro sport black and silver. should be on the lake around 10 am. what is your boat? last time i was there in mid july we caught at least 70-80 wallys and lots of smaller pike in one day. i was impressed with this lake and hope its okay this weekend, maybe we can meet out on the water, good luck

-JR-
09-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Can'y kreep them walleye at lake Isle.
South buck you can keep one walleye,about 1.5 hrs from edge of edmonton .
Best launch on north side. Go down the calmar hyw till hyw 22 go south 20 klm to hyw 490 turn left for about 5 klm into campground.

Albertafisher
09-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Try Spring Lake just south of Stony Plain, there are some big trout in there.

EZM
09-06-2010, 01:06 PM
going to lake isle in the morning. driving from red deer to visit my sis she lives in seba, should be some walleye biting i hope. will be fishing in a lund 1700 pro sport black and silver. should be on the lake around 10 am. what is your boat? last time i was there in mid july we caught at least 70-80 wallys and lots of smaller pike in one day. i was impressed with this lake and hope its okay this weekend, maybe we can meet out on the water, good luck

Thanks - I didnt get out - maybe later today (late afternoon). Thanks to all for your input. My boat is 2010 Black SmokerCraft 162XL - roll by anytime and say hi!

buddybuckhunter
09-06-2010, 08:42 PM
made it to isle on sat. morn. was very chilly and breezey. wife and i caught a few small walleye and pike , the fish seemed very lethargic, you didn't miss athing. went to gull today, did pretty good, nailed about 8 pike biggest was 8lbs, and three wally each around 3.5lbs