PDA

View Full Version : Idiot on the highwood

brianscott
09-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Hey if you are the idiot who left a bunch of bait, flies, weights and line on the shore of the river you are not getting it back.

This is the price you will pay for your stupidity.

And please check the regulations, all barbs must be pinched, and the only bait allowed is maggots for whitefish form august 16th to October 31.

My fiance thanks you, this gear will go nicely in her tackle box.

2big4u
09-05-2010, 09:40 PM
"like" button pushed.

verminator
09-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Hey if you are the idiot who left a bunch of bait, flies, weights and line on the shore of the river you are not getting it back.

And please check the regulations, all barbs must be pinched, and the only bait allowed is maggots for whitefish form august 16th to October 31.

Just wondering how you know the owner was using the said, as I thought as long as its not on your line and in the water it's legal to have in possession. I have a box of gear that have a large number of un-pinched barbs most are still in packaging, but some are loose in containers. I only pinch a few at a time! I have flies, weights and a hole selection of stuff. I'm sure if there's was a bait in a area where it was banned they may have been using it. But I wouldn't assume the said, unless I saw them using it.

fishstix
09-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Just wondering how you know the owner was using the said, as I thought as long as its not on your line and in the water it's legal to have in possession. I have a box of gear that have a large number of un-pinched barbs most are still in packaging, but some are loose in containers. I only pinch a few at a time! I have flies, weights and a hole selection of stuff. I'm sure if there's was a bait in a area where it was banned they may have been using it. But I wouldn't assume the said, unless I saw them using it.

What?...The author of the original post made no mention of the perp using the "said" items. He was just making it clear to the litter bug that if you are going to litter, dont come back.

Fishstix!!

howlin
09-06-2010, 12:26 PM
"And please check the regulations, all barbs must be pinched, and the only bait allowed is maggots for whitefish form august 16th to October 31."this sort off sounds like he does :thinking-006: but i do agree about the stupidity of littering,u cant walk anywhere without seeing the evidence of people.:mad0100:

verminator
09-06-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't read this post as being about littering as if the bunch of items were good enough to keep then they were probably forgotten."My fiance thanks you, this gear will go nicely in her tackle box."
Just sounds to me like some is ticked off that fact they were not barb-less and there was bait with it, and not about littering.

brianscott
09-06-2010, 05:59 PM
My post was aimed at the guy who left an entire shopping bag full of garbage and assorted gear on the bank.

I was upset by the fact there was so much litter, but more upset by the small fly box that had a half dozen flies with out pinched barbs that had a knot and an inch of line still attached to them.
The bait was?????

The weights and other stuff in the bag worth keeping is simply a bit of good karma, I saw the bag and threw it in the back of my vest to haul it out, and was rewarded for my actions.

I dont spin fish so I gave it to the closest available person who does, and the bit about the use of maggots was simply informational.

The more we can educate people the better, sometimes the regs can be hard to understand, I try to break it down into simple terms for ease of understanding.

howlin
09-06-2010, 06:18 PM
i was at severn a bunch of years ago cleaning up after some people that had just left "my spot"and under a bag of crap was a full tackle box ,so yep karma does work:)

fishstix
09-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't read this post as being about littering as if the bunch of items were good enough to keep then they were probably forgotten."My fiance thanks you, this gear will go nicely in her tackle box."
Just sounds to me like some is ticked off that fact they were not barb-less and there was bait with it, and not about littering.

Anything left behind is littering...

FS

perchfinder
09-06-2010, 07:52 PM
maybe the guy was going to come back for his garbage and tackle but someone got over anxious to snatch up his belongings and run away with em?

brianscott
09-06-2010, 08:10 PM
maybe the guy was going to come back for his garbage and tackle but someone got over anxious to snatch up his belongings and run away with em?

We were the only people on that stretch of the river all afternoon

When we arrived a vehicle was pulling out, other than that not a soul for miles, this isnt like fish creek park

wildman
09-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Way too common
Was in jasper last week
Pristine moutains and forest
And line and trash and hook packages on the shore
You littering ********s need a bitchslapping

trophyboy
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
The littering you see everywhere at our lakes, parks, campgrounds, and anywhere for that matter is a disgrace. I think litterbugs should be shot and pi##ed on!

Stinky Buffalo
09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Litterers... I can't figure it out... What is with these people? What is wrong with their heads? I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how these people figure that littering is OK. Where does that mentality come from?

Stinky

wildman
09-06-2010, 09:01 PM
We're probably preaching to the choir here tho
I'd be surprised if any board members are this stupid
Ignorant selfish rednecks

wannafish
09-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I became absent minded once and accidentally left a small pouch of gear on the bank and then continued onto another pool forgetting it there for a half an hour before realising it and heading back to get it. luckily it was still there!

Glad you werent fishing the same river as me that day or I guess you would have just claimed my gear for your fiance!:scared0015:

BobLoblaw
09-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I became absent minded once and accidentally left a small pouch of gear on the bank and then continued onto another pool forgetting it there for a half an hour before realising it and heading back to get it. luckily it was still there!

Glad you werent fishing the same river as me that day or I guess you would have just claimed my gear for your fiance!:scared0015:

Maybe you should go back & read Post #11 in this thread???

fishnut9
09-07-2010, 08:24 PM

Heeyyy come on give it back