PDA

View Full Version : Trail Cameras

rodred27
10-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Can someone recommend a me a good trail camera that is good to use in cold (-20 to -40 celsius) weather.
Thanks!

Rockymtnx
10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
www.treebarkcameras.com

Plummerbutt
10-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Trailmac sold by Trailsense Engineering. They've proven to me to be about the best cold weather camera out there.

Stinky Coyote
10-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Well i have the cuddeback no-flash and its okay...about 5000 pics on it so far, a little slow on the trigger and had a bit of trouble just recently with the power staying on, have to be careful on the screw tension and the battery plate etc. not worth the coin imo.

However, i just bought a new Reconyx RM45 and am very impressed. 10 times easier to set up, pretty much comes set about how anyone would program it, throw a CF card in it, some batteries and turn it on...could get by without the instruction booklet which is small and thin(how they should be) its that easy.

Easy to mount and secure...get the python cable lock (cambodian tire has em, 25 bucks) and done. The programming is 10x better/easier/faster like i said...and the quick test i did i had 6 pictures of me in a quick walk by on the trail and i have the camera almost perpendicular to the trail about 10-15' feet away and it got 6 pictures of me!...holy crap. Granted the 6th picture is of my foot leaving but the first picture i wasn't even fully in view yet...just caught the front half of me! Now thats a fast trigger speed! This camera is all about getting you the info you need....'what critters are around'. 1/10th of a second trigger speed! and rapid fire burst picture settings etc. this thing rips off pictures quick. www.reconyx.com the cabelas reviews are exactly what i've experienced so far also...if these things have the durability/reliability then they probably could be the best thing going for these things....if you like user friendly gadgets that work as they should then try one of these.

Can't wait to see how the durability/reliability is...i'm hoping its good because i love how this thing works. For the same money as the cudde-back its no contest which one is better.

Have never tried the cameras built around sony digi-cams but they sound like they work good too....i now have a camera that makes me want to invest in a whole bunch more of them!