PDA

View Full Version : ice fishing outfitters

highsummit
09-07-2010, 06:31 PM
does anyone know of a ice fishing outffitter in southern alberta. I am located in Brooks. This winter I would like to find an outfit where they supply heated shacks/hut drill holes and have bait. I just want to show up with my rod and pay a price.

SushiUnagi
09-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Good question! I like to know too where else does too.

My first ice fishing trip was this past season with this company based in Canmore who took us to Spray lakes. Found them on google. They have 4-5 shacks, heated, and supplies everything you need including rods, bait, and even make you fish burgers too! Provided you are able to catch them lakers. Even pick you up from town too.

Don't know anywhere else that does it. Be interesting to know if there's anything @ Newell as thats closest to you.

highsummit
09-07-2010, 08:05 PM
that sounds good

I did go to one at gull lake. hut with wood stove, holes, bait and even camera all for 35 bucks a day.

mudbug
09-07-2010, 08:12 PM
that sounds good

I did go to one at gull lake. hut with wood stove, holes, bait and even camera all for 35 bucks a day.

That's a good deal, is there any places in Central Alberta as well?

WayneChristie
09-07-2010, 10:05 PM
How many times do you go icefishing in a season? Doesnt cost much to get your own setup, less than a grand for a good tent, gas auger, heater, rods, the works. less if you buy used. why limit yourself to one location when you could be mobile and follow the fish as they move around during the season?

mudbug
09-07-2010, 10:14 PM
How many times do you go icefishing in a season? Doesnt cost much to get your own setup, less than a grand for a good tent, gas auger, heater, rods, the works. less if you buy used. why limit yourself to one location when you could be mobile and follow the fish as they move around during the season?

In my case I have health problems so these kind of setups would allow me to get out more often :)

WayneChristie
09-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Well, Im hoping to pick up a 4 man tent this winter, and have all the rest of the gear so I should be able to set the 2 man up as well and a couple more holes take no time with the gas auger. Might be able to host a couple outings this winter, always glad for the company.

highsummit
09-14-2010, 12:57 PM
that would be great. what area do you fish in? are you in the brooks area?

grizz
09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
does anyone know of a ice fishing outffitter in southern alberta. I am located in Brooks. This winter I would like to find an outfit where they supply heated shacks/hut drill holes and have bait. I just want to show up with my rod and pay a price.call Jeff at banff fishingunlimited