PDA

View Full Version : Puppies urgently need a home!

Cabot
10-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Good day all,

I received an email from my brother in-law this afternoon in regards to a friend of his who found 6 black lab puppies in the middle of the road.

Here is what he sent me:

Scott (my friend)? rescued 6 black lab (mix) puppies out of the middle of the road on Saturday. PLEASE help me find them homes - otherwise, it's Animal Control - which means they only have 5 days. We've bathed them, sprayed them for fleas and wormed them....but we can't keep them. They are currently in a kennel in my basement since I don't have a fence. I've lost count of the number of rescue groups that I've contacted, only to be turned down due to no room. Please check with every dog person you know to see if they need a puppy.

Find attached a pic of the puppies. If you know of anyone that could be potentially interested, please let him know.

You can join Michael in Calgary at:

Michael J. Bickert
General Sales Manager
Heninger Toyota
Ph: (403) 243-8000
Fax: (403) 243-2686

If you can't get a hold of him, please PM me and I'll get him to call you.

Thanks!

Cabot.

tyee43
10-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Apparently this is an email scam that has been floating around the internet in various forms this week - two versions of it went through my office this week...

sorry!

tyee43

Cabot
10-06-2007, 12:26 AM
I apologies for this, I'm usually pretty good about this kindda stuff. It came to me from a trusted source and never thought about looking into it.

I'll be more careful next time before posting.

Admin, please delete this thread.

Cabot.

theduke
10-06-2007, 01:42 AM
i got the sae email from a trusted source too from our rugby club, and how could it be a scam

Rockymtnx
10-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Just wondering how this could be a scam?
I don't see anyone asking for money or personal info.

CaberTosser
10-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Just wondering how this could be a scam?
I don't see anyone asking for money or personal info.

I mentioned it to some new acquaintances at a birthday party last night, people looking for a dog, and everyone at the table seemed to have seen this same e-mail, even describing the puppies in the cage. Perhaps some form of collecting e-mail addresses for a mass-emailing outfit or such? They'd mentioned it went through Fluor's internal mail system and out to all Fluor's customers as well, apparently a no-no and something hit the fan over there. Obviously somethings amiss with it. Go to the Humane Society, they're never short of good companions over there :)

Odd how many people will jump on this bandwagon when the puppies seem to belong to "a friend of a friend".