PDA

View Full Version : Kudos - Wholesale Sports

Duk Dog
10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Time to give credit when credit is due. Long story short I'd had some issues with my gun and a while back had new (shorter) rings put on my gun at Wholesale. Some of the issues went away, but there were still some lingering issues at the range. Went to Wholesale today and gave them the details on things. Away goes my gun to the back and a while later back they come with my rifle. They apologized that the scope had been mounted poorly the first time they did it, but that they got things corrected and remounted. Then to top it off he asks what I have been shooting and gives me a box of ammo for my troubles and frustration. So there you have it although it sucks they didn't get the scope mounted correct the first time around, they did end up fixing the problem for me.

101sonny
10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Good for you Duk Dog.:)

Puma
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
For all the bad customer service stories I see online about WS, I have to say they have always treated me right. Brad has gone out of his way to help me with special firearms orders etc.

CaberTosser
10-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Its nice to see some balance put to Wholesale's reputation. There's so much complaining on here about them its refreshing. I've found Ronald, Noel and Brett(or Brent?) helpful there; also the older gunsmith whose name escapes me, scruffy bearded heavy-set gent (Bob perhaps?). I know Brad to be a pretty decent guy, having done contracting on his home a number of times over the years prior to my getting into firearms and hunting.

Just last week I brought in a Winchester Model 70 on which I had a scope mounted there. I'd had a Nikon scope I purchased at SIR when on a trip to Winnipeg, and on sighting it in I had to use all my elevation adjustment to get it centred. I'd had it mounted at Wholesale, and thought perhaps my bases or the scope itself were to blame. It's a 270 WSM, but with the crpf action (a Coyote lite) so I thought perhaps other bases might be a solution. I brought in everything disassembled from my amateur investigation at home and they set me right back up free of charge. I didn't see Brad in there, so no special treatment was awarded me with regard to being familiar. Admittedly, the guys at the desk probably recognize me as a frequent customer though.

With the exception of that incident, all of the optics I've had mounted at Wholesale were pretty darned close, no more than 2 clicks of windage or 6 clicks of elevation adjustment were required in the 4 other scopes I've had mounted there.

Scott N
10-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I think the "scruffy" guy you're thinking about CaberTosser is Bob Gibson. I dealt with him regarding a problem with CZ pistol that I had and was satisfied with the end resolution, even if it took a little longer than I would have liked. Not his fault though. He seems like a good, knowledgeable guy.

willy
10-06-2007, 02:36 PM
I think theres more a-hole customers that think they should be waited on 1st especially if they think cause they spend big $$$ they should get imediate service.