PDA

View Full Version : ATV mechanical question

heybert
10-06-2007, 01:05 PM
have a question to any bike mechanic on this forum. I have a 2003 Arctic Cat 400FIS. Long story short, I seem to have lost the use of my gears. It's a manual tranny, but I can still go on reverse and back to neutral. The gears just won't engage. I realize that it's going to be hard to diagnose this with the little info I have given, just wanted to see if someone has an idea what happened.

canadianbigbuck
10-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I found alot of usefull info. on an arctic cat forum that i found. You can read previous posts and see if anyone else has had this problem. I just goggled it and found a canadian forum, i think it was just a general ATV one. I had a couple problems with my cat and i fixed it myself from just reading some posts on these forums. Good luck.

Loco
10-08-2007, 12:59 PM
This might be a stupid reply but did the gear shift come loose had this happen on mine.

heybert
10-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Loco,
You got it!! wnet ahead and looked at my Cat again and noticed that the shaft going into the engine was not moving while the shifter was. So yeah, shifter came loose...............stupid me. Thanks for the reply though and thanks also to candianbigbuck!!!

muskegnmud
10-09-2007, 04:55 PM
sounds like you got it fixed....for next time, in case you need it, I have found this forum very good, they have all makes catagorized...very handy http://forums.atvconnection.com/