PDA

View Full Version : Grouse near Rocky Mountain House

botwood
09-23-2010, 09:43 AM
I will be spending lots of time in Rocky
Mountain House in the next few months and wonder has anyone spotted any grouse in the area. Just trying to get a feel for where to go hunting for grouse.

FishBrain
09-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Spent last weekend there and did not see or hear one. NOT ONE

botwood
09-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Ya sounds about right. I was out twice no grouse, not a living thing in fact - not even a squirrel. It's almost though I were in some kind of dead zone. I never even heard the sound of anything living no birds chirping.

Starting to wonder if I have a demon following me around and everything living hides in fear when they sence us coming.

Did hear lots of gun shots though ??

slough shark
09-23-2010, 10:24 AM
I was out hunting a little to the south and have seen only 1 grouse, seems like slim pickings (or they haven't come out to the trails yet anyways)

kbjohn
09-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Had an old guy tell me once if there was a hard hail storm in the spring you will see little to no grouse that fall. Makes sence those little ones aren't the smartest at the best of times so they probably fly to a top of a tree when it hails and get hammered. This year around rocky we got a few good hail storms so maybe it there is some merit to it. Good luck!!