PDA

View Full Version : Elk Rut

lambski
09-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Are the elk still calling?:confused:

Eze
09-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Are the elk still calling?:confused:

Its slowing down alot but had one talking this morning. They will be shutting down

South west trappin RG
09-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Its slowing down alot but had one talking this morning. They will be shutting down

what wmu are you hunting? less than a week ago in 312 I saw a groop of 4 bulls 4&5 points and a section over a heard of 30 cows with only rag horns in it and a small 3 point thought he was the one to tend to the ladies. A weird year I havent heard more than a few bugals. By now the area iam in the calling getts fairy quiet this time of year but the bigger bulls arnt in the main heards yet. I have had allot of spikers and 3 points come to cow calls and me and my 6 year old boy are out just about every night. Last year was allot different two nights of calling filled the frezer. I guess my new mountain 300wsm will mabe take a ranch bull this year.:sHa_shakeshout:

Eze
09-24-2010, 09:56 PM
what wmu are you hunting? less than a week ago in 312 I saw a groop of 4 bulls 4&5 points and a section over a heard of 30 cows with only rag horns in it and a small 3 point thought he was the one to tend to the ladies. A weird year I havent heard more than a few bugals. By now the area iam in the calling getts fairy quiet this time of year but the bigger bulls arnt in the main heards yet. I have had allot of spikers and 3 points come to cow calls and me and my 6 year old boy are out just about every night. Last year was allot different two nights of calling filled the frezer. I guess my new mountain 300wsm will mabe take a ranch bull this year.:sHa_shakeshout:

I am at 526 and i called a few day in 525 as well.Called in 8 bulls and heard others that didnt come to me.*A guy hunted my place today and missed the monster ( huge bull thread)

lambski
09-24-2010, 10:23 PM
I have called in some nice bulls this year just never got the shot. A buddy took one where I hunt and it went 360 and I called in a seven that was busted off at his third, well over 350 if he had all his head gear, a few fives as well all in the same spot. What I find weird is that not one of these bulls had cows. It has been so windy here you would have to be within a hundred yards to here one. I guess im having a hard time admitting it may be over.:thinking-006:

ishootbambi
09-24-2010, 10:34 PM
i finally have some days off and will be hunting hard for the next week. i had from what i could see and hear at least 6 bulls worked into a pretty good fury just after legal light tonight. hopefully ill have some pics by tomorrow.

Albertacoyotecaller
09-24-2010, 11:06 PM
We have been hunting the last few days in 523 and haven't heard anything calling. Nothing!

Driven me nuts!

Greg