PDA

View Full Version : Advice for younger hunters

conan
09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
If you don't want to be hassled by the misses everytime about going out hunting or fishing get you kids envolved in the outdoors. It worked great for me. Also use the ''It keeps them out of the mall" , or "Young hunters don't rob little old ladies" strategy.:thinking-006:

Rosco300WM
09-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I agree 100%....but what do i tell the misses for the next 10 years? (my kids are 4 &2)

M4verick
09-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Thats a good strategy...but keep in mind that if you keep using that excuse around others, soon your kids will pick up on it. They probably even be bringing it up at the most inconvenient of times. :mad0100:From then on there is no going back...

conan
09-26-2010, 03:47 PM
I agree 100%....but what do i tell the misses for the next 10 years? (my kids are 4 &2)

I had my son Michael out fishing when he was two to a lake that had a bunch of small perch in it after that he was hooked....no pun intended.

Had him shooting gophers when he was about eight. Teach them young.

If you have a wife that likes the outdoors that is great but if she is like mine teach the kids. She use to like it when I took my son so she can have a chill weekend alone.........good for everyone:)