PDA

View Full Version : a little early but preparing for next year

dragon1
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey there fellas, i have been an avid reeader of these forums for the last couple of years thanks to a good friend of the family ( Rockymtnx), i just would like to say that all the posts, stories, and pics that you all place on here are very nice. The stories of your hunts keep be busy some nights for hours and hours. Alot of the posts are very informative, and very helpful for alot of people myself included.
The reason for me writing this, is simple, a few friends introduced me to hunting about 2 years ago, but needless to say they have either moved away or given up the sport due to health reasons, and i didnt really get much of a chance to learn anything . I have read the "looking for partner thread " numerous times only to be contacted and have people bail out on meetings for coffee to dicuss a proposed hunt. I have been out a couple other times with another person for geese and ducks, and found it very fun as well, only to have the day spoiled by the other being very unethical, which is kind of why i havent been out since. That being said, this year I wanted to get out again, but work has me pretty tied up , so between now and next fall id like to try and build a lasting friendship with some folks, that wouldnt mind being somewhat of a teacher, to a person that is willing to learn. Im mostly intersted in elk hunting, as well to put it bluntly i find it tastes a whole lot better then venison. id like to learn how to call these guys, as well as be able to help in tandem with another while trying to lure them into range. Someone that is good a feild dressing ect, and can show a new guy the do's and dont's about what they are doing would be awsome. I am not an archer, as ive never tried it before, but even if an archer that was experienced wouldnt mind showing a fellow the ropes in turn for some help getting his animal out , it would be welcome.
Please feel free to Pm me if you are one of the people that are generous enough to help a person learn the basics. Not so sound rude either but, if you are in any way un-ethical, and just out to slay animals with no regards to public safety, the environment, or anything else deemed unsportmanship please dont bother. Dont get me wrong i like the odd beverage while sitting around a fire at night swapping stories, but there is a fine line that can be drawn.
Thanks for any input you guys care to share, and good luck this season

ishootbambi
09-26-2010, 05:51 PM
if you were a little closer id offer, but dont worry.....there are a ton of great guys and girls here. someone will help you out im sure.