PDA

View Full Version : Another great weekend of bowhunting...

Beta-pg
09-27-2010, 09:41 AM
But this time, it was my wife in the stand waiting to shoot...

We hit the stand about 4PM and get everything setup, about 5:45 she spotted two Does about 200 yards to her left slowly working their way towards the stand and the creek crossing we were sitting above...

They hit the thickets we were in about 6:20 or so. I had her stand and prepare for a shot in the path we thought they were going to take... when they got about 10 or so yards from the stand, I noticed the lead deer was a young buck... 4 pointer... but big enough to take. This guy decides he's going to enter back into the field and skip the creek crossing all together.

he wanders into an small clearing with a clear shooting lane, so I had my wife turn and draw, but as she's turning, her arrows hit the safety bar on the stand... the buck is about to bolt so I give out a little muurp and he stops mid leap and turns broadside and looks... not sure if my wife paniced or what, but her arrows got tangled up in the safety bar again and makes quite a racket trying to free... away they go... buck and doe.

I'm sure shes hooked now... she said it was the best weekend she's had all summer. We're heading back again in two weeks to try again. This time, I may shoot though.

To keep the kids entertained, we went and shot some chickens...

Rockymtnx
09-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Like you said it was a great weekend. It’s not all about if you get something or not. It’s those times that you get to share with your loved ones and friends in the outdoors. I am sure both you and the Mrs. will remember the time the arrow wouldn’t cooperate. Glad you had a good time.

Stop Staring at my Rack
09-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

Donny Bear
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Great to hear life is so much more about the hunt than the kill.
Glad you had a great time and thanks for the story and picture.

SugarCreek
09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Good for the both of you...looking forward to some pics of success down the road. Keep enjoying the experiences......Marco