PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Area Quail Opportunites For Training

BC-GSP
09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
I recently picked up a business card at the Wholesale Sports on the south side for gun ready quail. I have been looking for an option to the long drives south for some off season training for my pointer and thought I would give these guys a try. The experience was excellent. Cheap birds at $7.50 a pop and 80 acres of natural grass land to hunt in. As the crops come off the fields, more land will be made available. The service was excellent and some good coveys of Huns are on the property aswell (which are available to shoot providing you have the correct licensing). Permission has also been given by the neighbours to pursue birds onto there fields if they take off on you. A great experience and some very good training opportunities closer to home than most other operations. Gun Ready Quail is located in Vegerville(less than as hour from Edmonton) and you can reach either Sam @ 780 603 8828 or Ken @780 603 7966. I have put this thread out there because I have seen many posts asking this very question. Hopefully this helps.

Erik
09-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Is the location next to any busy roads?

BC-GSP
09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
No, the location is well off any busy roads and is about 6 miles off the Yellowhead. The operator's 80 acres are also fenced. As far as his other properties go, I am not entirely sure but I would assume that they are much the same.

Sheep4ever
09-28-2010, 09:41 AM
I might give them a try. Thanks for the info.

Tim