PDA

View Full Version : Eco-nonsense letter in Calgary Herald

goldscud
10-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Check out this letter to the editor in the Calgary Herald Oct 11. The guy says us
"hunters" are a "disgrace to humanity". It's a wonderful letter.:rolleye2:

Baulde
10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
this letter ?

Link or a post of the letter would help !!

sheephunter
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/letters/story.html?id=beff3663-1bb1-4515-8e4b-6170f8cc831a

Not much in letter but the ramblings of the uneducated......

mulecrazy
10-11-2007, 03:28 PM
:scared: Man o Man was that a bunch of nonsense. I don't know anyone who makes there own clothing or tools for hunting. I am willing to bet that this poor sap has never had the unfortunate encounter of a vehicle hitting a deer. Why was this even punlished. For Shame calgary herald!!

Okotokian
10-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I actually enjoyed it. So if we make our clothes out of game and eat only game we are fine... that boy has been watching too many Davey Crocket movies.

Sometimes, I think that maybe really rabid psycho responses like that actually help our cause. LOL

Baulde
10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I feel dumber just reading that.

... someone has been conducting research at the local starbucks and discussing how to save the painfully misunderstood grizzly.......

Another fine product of Disney

Bull Shooter
10-11-2007, 03:43 PM
I actually.... uhhhh... enjoyed the letter. Usually, when I read a letter or opinion that is fiercely anti-hunting or anti-hunter I feel compelled to write some sort of reply outlining the author’s bias, intolerance, lack of intelligence or permutation thereof. I don’t feel any need to respond to this particular letter as I think the writer clearly makes my case for me and the reader clearly recognizes the flaws. Regards, Mike

sheephunter
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Ya, I felt the same way Mike. I was all prepared to sit down and write a letter before I read it. After reading it, however, there really was no need. I loved the Starbucks biologist analogy Baulde!

chuck0039
10-11-2007, 03:49 PM
another uneducated tree hugger.

TreeGuy
10-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Sheeze! If I actually hunted where I lived, and then ate and made clothing out of my kills......

......I'd be exactly the same as that 'butterfly' dude from Silence of the Lambs!:lol: THAT'S why I never buy the Herald!:mad2:

Tree

thumper
10-11-2007, 07:15 PM
We'll never convert anti-hunters to understand our passion.

But the more wing-nut statements made by people like that - the more the sympathetic the 'undecided non-hunting majority' will be towards us.

I wish more would expose their ignorance!

Lethalconnection
10-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I wonder if that idiot is the same guy that wants to bring the plains grizzly back:rolleye2:

Jamie
10-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Yah know.. I have a couple of rabbits and a few MD right here at my house.
I wonder what the neighboors would think.. Perhaps the Golfers would appreciate me banging a few geese.

Jamie

Copidosoma
10-12-2007, 09:32 AM
"not wasting any part of any animal killed."

Nothing gets wasted. The coyotes end up getting the gutpile.

Sheesh, even the noble savages didn't use EVERY part of EVERY buffalo they killed.

Oh well, there are wacko hunters out there so ya gotta expect a few wacko anti-hunters (although I suspect the numbers don't quite even out :scared: ). Lots of people feel alot of emotion on this issue. As with other such issues, don't expect understanding any time soon.

Try to be tolerant and take the high road. Let them display their ignorance and irrationality.

TheClash
10-21-2007, 05:36 PM
"not wasting any part of any animal killed."

Nothing gets wasted. The coyotes end up getting the gutpile.

Sheesh, even the noble savages didn't use EVERY part of EVERY buffalo they killed.

Oh well, there are wacko hunters out there so ya gotta expect a few wacko anti-hunters (although I suspect the numbers don't quite even out :scared: ). Lots of people feel alot of emotion on this issue. As with other such issues, don't expect understanding any time soon.

Try to be tolerant and take the high road. Let them display their ignorance and irrationality.

this is very true..as an archaeology student i have visited many kill sites here in southern alberta that prove that natives took only the best cuts of meat and left all else to rot and or be scavenged. as game was readily available and transportation a big deal...only the best cuts were needed.

and on the note of not wasting anything.....a clean kill with a high powered rifle wastes far less meat than having to repeatedly shoot an animal with an arrow, atalatl or by running it off a cliff.

true hunters hunt where they live? give me a break..all true hunting tribes were nomadic...as were the animals they hunted.