PDA

View Full Version : mossberg rifles

hb hunter
09-28-2010, 01:19 PM
so im the only one i know to invest in this make of rifle and i must say for a low cost gun they are excelent. i bought a 4X4 model first in a 338 win mag. shooting it out of the box was a little hard on the arm but a limbsaver fixed that problem. i installed a 3200 scope on it and after one hunt and a nice bear i decided to make it my primary big game hunting rifle. i even went and bought the same model in a 270 and topped it off with another 3200. for guys new to the sport i think they are a cost efective way to get started.

albertabucks
09-28-2010, 01:30 PM
I bought a 30-06 Mossberg ATR a few yrs ago and have taken a 2 bull elk and numerous deer with it, I cant say a single bad thing about.

plinker
09-28-2010, 03:15 PM
I bought my son and I Mossberg 500 pump action shotguns. My son won second place at trap with his Mossberg pump, in doubles of all things. :sHa_shakeshout: I like the way they feel and I find them to be a dependable gun.

Drewski Canuck
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I bought a Mossberg 9200A Semi auto. The action cracked where the barrel joined the receiver. About 10,000 are out there with this defect, I was told. The gun has a lifetime warranty, and while it did take about 8 months to get back, it was all new but the stock. Since then this gun has killed way too many ducks. it's almost like it has a giant hate for ducks and geese when I swing it.

Drewski

CR5
09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
I bought the ATR100 nighttrain in 308 win. It's a great rifle and scope combo for the money. Shoots straight (with the right ammo) and looks good. Trigger is a little heavy but it is getting better the more I shoot it. I hear the new lightning trigger is better and very similar to the Savage accutrigger.
It's also got a free floated button rifled barrel.
Very under rated rifle.