PDA

View Full Version : wolfs-ever see them carring a deer away?

lake side
09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes when i was driving to Ft Mckay today when a what I saw blew me away. At first I though a calf moose was crossing in front of me but when I finally focused i relized it was a HUGE black wolf carrying a deer with him!

I tried to get a pic but no chance as i was driving and didn't want to kill myself trying to get the pic. If anyone knows the area it was right on the curve going north right before the "bridge too no where" and was headed straight East towards the camp that was probably only couple 100 yards away!

sorry but had too share my thoughts but it was the biggest dog I have ever seen + he had his own kill.

beermilk
09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
drive past there every morning on way to work. there are some Big Dogs in the fort mac area

jaylow?
09-28-2010, 07:56 PM
ive seen large packs north and south of fort mac. up by cnrl there was a pack of 12 that we had counted not too long ago, for the large amount of them i havent been able to pop one yet.

pointer
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
i shot a big one on tower road 2 years ago with the 22 while chicken hunting and i was going to shoot a white one out on 881 but my buddy wouldent let me but down towards janvier or conklyn theirs lots :sHa_shakeshout:

bezzola
09-28-2010, 09:08 PM
i work at christina lake cenovus site and have seen a couple traveling through the site.

diesel fixer
09-28-2010, 09:19 PM
I saw one chase a deer out into the pit between the shovel and the truck it was loading up at the Fort Hills project a couple falls ago. It grabbed the deer right by the throat and finished it right in front of us all.Very impressive. Seems to be more and more wolves around I always see them on the road to Aurora too.Cant carry a rifle in the service truck tho, too bad. It would be alot easier to load them in the truck with the crane:)