PDA

View Full Version : Where are the deer near Edson?

Ryan R
09-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I was hunting hard all day Saturday and I only saw one deer in the zones I was in around Edson.

On the way home there were bunches of them in the farmers fields. Have they left the forests for the fields until it gets colder, or where they just all hunkered down in the bush because of the heat?

jpohlic
09-29-2010, 02:54 PM
We set up our camp towards Robb in 342 about 3 weeks ago and saw about 10 does just driving the lease roads. I hope they're still out there next week. Also saw 3 wolves...first time I've seen them in the wild

Ryan R
09-29-2010, 03:33 PM
We set up our camp towards Robb in 342 about 3 weeks ago and saw about 10 does just driving the lease roads. I hope they're still out there next week. Also saw 3 wolves...first time I've seen them in the wild

I hope you do too. It might just have been the weather. We saw a cow moose but I've just got the general moose tag so I can't even get a bull there since archery season's up.

We did see some wolf tracks, but I'm not seeing as many as I did last year. All in that area the deer have been acting spooky for weeks though, hey?

WyattNight
09-29-2010, 06:04 PM
I hunted Robb last year and didn't see many deer at all... FOR A WHOLE WEEK!

WyattNight
09-29-2010, 06:12 PM

And that's part of the problem with that area-Wolves.

butcherboy
09-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Check out Deer Hill which is just north of Edson and also used to be alot out behind Shiningbank Lake. They are still in the bush.