PDA

View Full Version : WMU Scenario

ALBTUFF
10-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Ok, I think I know the answer for this but would like to hear some opinions.

My draw is for WMU A with a river separating WMU A from WMU B. WMU B has a great vantage point for glassing WMU A and when the time comes a great shooting location. Also being across the river up high on its banks, I could move into position for a shot with out being detected. Im I allowed to shoot across the river? The game animal would be in WMU A where my tag is good for but I would be in WMU B where it is not. I figure I need to be in the same WMU my tag is good for or is it just the animal needs to be in the correct WMU?

pitw
10-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I don't know the legal answer as I'm not a lawyer but ask yourself, Would a CO mind you shooting a deer in Alberta when your standing in Saskatchewan.

ALBTUFF
10-02-2010, 08:12 AM
I don't know the legal answer as I'm not a lawyer but ask yourself, Would a CO mind you shooting a deer in Alberta when your standing in Saskatchewan.

Well my tag is good in Alberta, the animal is in Alberta, Im an alberta resident, only Im standing 10 feet in saskatchewan. Would I shoot......no I sure wouldn't. Just something I was thinking about for a while now.

gramps73
10-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Good question but i would think that you would be in the wrong. Why you are hunting in the wrong WMU, the shot was fired from B not A.
just my thought
g73

pitw
10-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Well my tag is good in Alberta, the animal is in Alberta, Im an alberta resident, only Im standing 10 feet in saskatchewan. Would I shoot......no I sure wouldn't. Just something I was thinking about for a while now.

I hear you. Sometimes them little grey areas need to be avoided.:)

elkhunter11
10-02-2010, 08:40 AM
If you are in the wrong WMU when you fire the shot,or if the animal is in the wrong WMU,you are violating the regulations.

jaylow?
10-02-2010, 08:52 AM
if wmu a is open and wmu b is closed , i would'nt want to get caught in wmu b. shooting without an open season. just a hole i wouldnt want to dig myself out of if something was to happen.