PDA

View Full Version : Trail cam trial and error!

MB1
10-12-2007, 09:24 PM
So I put my trail cam up on Oct. 8 and checked the pictures today. To my disappointment the only pictures were of me! Nice pictures however. There is a clear trail there and have seen deer there later in the season. I guess a change of area is in order. Now I can see how I'm going to need more cameras.

lilsundance
10-12-2007, 09:57 PM
lol Pics man Pics, I have to wait three more weeks before I hit moose camp and am living my life through everyones pics and stories right now. lol Not to mention driving the wife crazy packing and unpacking my gear, checking for this and to see if I have that ready to go.

Kelly & Beth
10-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Try putting some oats down or some of that deer co-cain products. There is probably activity there, just passing through just not staying long enough to pick up heat dection so it doesnt take any pictures. Try that, chances are you will get pics of animals.
beth

russ
10-13-2007, 01:56 AM
The great thing about trail cams is what they've taught me about game movement. Personally I wouldn't bait the deer. I use the camera to establish their natural routes. I look for natural funnels, low spots and breaks in barriers. Open gates and broken wires are great places to look to first. I had one camera using a roll of film every 2 days a couple of years ago. I had another cam in the same field that used a roll in a month.